 General / 10264
Re: Has anyone ever been missing a piece?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 21:16:33 GMT

In lugnet.general, Paul Davidson writes:
I'm just curious if anyone has ever built their newly-bought lego set only
to discover a piece is missing.  I've often been positive partway through
that I was missing one, but I always ended up finding it.

On the other hand, I *always* have a small handful of extra pieces. :)

I've heard of mis-packed lego instances 3 times in all my 23 years of
existance:

1: Around '88 or '89, a friend of mine bought the FUTURON monorail. A
Trans-blue windshield was interchanged with a Trans-Green one. Status of
mistake? Unknown.

2: This year, a different friend of mine bought a Naboo fighter. One of the 2x3
side slope pieces (goes from 1 stud thick to 2 studs thick over 3 studs of its
length) was replaced with it's mirror image! Hence, he got 1 extra left side
slope, and 1 too few right side slopes. Status? Replaced promptly by TLC. (TLG
at the time)

3: Again, this year, I bought (yes, this is the only time it's happened to me)
a Speeder Bike set that had 1 extra dark grey ski, and was missing a 1x1 green
round brick with 3 leaves sticking out the sides. Status? Replaced within 4
days by TLC.

Supposedly, according to my friend that had problems with the Naboo fighter
(who heard it from the Lego rep he talked to), this has been a larger problem
with the Star Wars sets than any other Lego genre, assumedly due to time
constraints? Doesn't sound like that's the case from the other responses to
this thread though....

DaveE