 Gaming / 1957
Re: BOW, A new brick wargame
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 02:31:18 GMT

This looks like a really neat system. The “description sheet” is very similar to a system I’ve used (though regrettably never got around to publishing) in a tactical dungeon game.

One refinement you might consider would be to put the minifigs onto 2x4 plates, and keep them there as they move around the battlefield. This gives you a consistent place to put damage markers (and mana/spirit-point markers, if you use those).

The only thing that really bugs me about the rules is that you seem to be using the term “hit points” backwards relative to every other game I’ve ever played. In normal usage, HP are points you start with, and then lose as you take damage. In your system, you start with zero HP and gain them as you take damage. I think I would frequently forget this, and get confused during play.

But otherwise, it looks like a very sensible system. Thanks for contributing it and writing it up so nicely — I know that’s a lot of work!

Best,
- Joe