 Gaming / 1941
1940  |  1942
Subject:
BOW, A new brick wargame
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 13:24:05 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi everybody,

Sorry if you already read this message in the gaming forum of the classic-castle site where I already post it. For the other, I want to introduce the brick wargame system I made.

The rules and some other goodies can be found here : http://bow.lswproject.com/

The name of my wargame is and it stands for “Bricks Only Wargame”.

Some key points of BOW are:
  • You only need Bricks to play, even the dices are replaced with bricks.
  • I try to keep the rules simple with as less as possible of exceptions.
  • No statistics tables are needed during the play (only a description sheet per type of unit).
  • A quick play (I made some statistics that show an average of 45 seconds of play per unit).
The website I made to present my wargame is full of PHP and javascript (best view with Mozilla BTW).

The key feature of the website are:
  • A SQL database to store the statistics of the troopers/characters/heroes, weapons, vehicules, etc... So the content can be quickly expanded.
  • 4 Style sheets to view the site in your favorite theme (Default, Medieval, WWII, Starwars), you can choose in the bottom left corner.
  • A dynamic page to create your own custom character sheet.
If you want to try BOW, I will appreciate a lot your comments, they will help me to improve the game system.

Enjoy!