 Gaming / 1939 (-100)
  LEGO Star Wars II has gone platinum

According to TheForce.Net, LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy has sold 1.1 million copies in less than two weeks. (URL) Granted, this is the combined sales of the game for all platforms including the GameBoy Advance, but it's still an amazing (...) (18 years ago, 22-Sep-06, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.games, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) Well, here's a few more: (URL) Sheep as ice cream. This is not only beautiful to look at (the close-to-the-board views are wonderful), but it looks wonderfully playable. Since all the "moves" in Catan are along the hex edges (which looks like (...) (18 years ago, 30-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) Indeed! I thought it would use part #2419 to depict the particular fields, but the actual implementing is fantastic, withot question. It looks brilliant! -Rene [LDrawPart 2419] (18 years ago, 29-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) This is what I found by snooping at Flickr-- (URL) pic... Looks totally awesome though!!!! Dave K (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) Now it IS "after the Fest"... I'm curious to such an extend, show us some pictures, PLEASE :-) -Rene (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

On 2006-08-23 11:03:31 -0500, "Suz" <suz@baseplate.com> said: (...) So... now that Brickfest is over... ;) ::has been watching flickr for pics of it; but the many many people that have posted pics seem to have avoided you:: (18 years ago, 28-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) I've seen that done somewhere, though I can't remember where at the moment. My daughter and I have played on the regular board using minifigs and accessories as the pieces. It's amazing how easily you can make a minifig resemble the picture on (...) (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

(...) That's a good idea! I'll try to make it known if I do something like that. As for others' questions: I'm keeping details and pictures private until after the Fest. ;-) -Suz (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Any Catan players at BF?

I think Clue (or whatever its called) might look good in LEGO with a 3D mansion and minifig accessories for the weapons... (18 years ago, 23-Aug-06, to lugnet.gaming)

  LEGO ships instead of regular game bits

John K made lego ships that fit on the (URL) board just fine. (URL) More pictures: (2 URLs) (18 years ago, 2-Aug-06, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.pirates, FTX)

  New user, new wargame and a new forum!

This is my first real post here, so, hello everyone! Anyway, I am in the process of writing a new Lego war game and I have a question. I have spent a few weeks looking for inspiration and getting ready to actually write it but I can't find what I (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jul-06, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) You're welcome. It's not my site, though, it's Willy Tschager's. I don't think his name shows up anywhere on the site, though, for some reason. --Travis (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) Thanks for the tip Travis, I'd already seen that on your site, but as my MLCad directory doesn't HAVE an "ini file", I presumed that it didn't use one. [*Gabriel goes and tries it out] OH THANKYOU TRAVIS!!!!!! Now I can make minifigs, holding (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) You can get an updated MLCad.ini file that should support most (all?) of the official minifig parts from here: (URL) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) Hmm, I'm not sure I want to re-learn my "cadding" on a new program, but I'll google "leoCAD" and have a look. (...) Actually, MLCad has a minifig generator, which I've been using. It doesn't have all the options as far as different heads, (...) (18 years ago, 13-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) What it also means is that if you need to tweak something and re-render, you cant kick of LPub and then leave it rendering with little interaction. Being able to save LPub settings is very handy here... (...) Yes, the lack of undo is a bit (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) > It allows you to configure stuff like (...) Yes, had a good play with Lpub last night. Will use your tip re lowest quality for quick renders :-) (...) I will look into the step system, thanks. Saves me manually "save/render" over & over. I (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) In terms of "showing someone how to build your model", you would still normally have to put in the work to show what the steps were. All LPub does is provide a point/click workflow for getting it all rendered out into a directory full of image (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) Ahh, I had read about LPub, but I thought it was just for showing someone else how to build your model step-by-step? Will download it now, as "X does the Gruntwork for you" is a very good feature for me! Yes, downloaded LGEO as I saw the (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) Excellent. I use that to present stuff occasionally too. Its not bad at all. Have you considered using LPub, which can do the gruntwork for you? Also, using LGEO which can make things look a bit nicer, and MEGAPov which gives the Lego a more (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) Danny, thanks for the reply. I have just discovered the Lcad->MLcad->l3p->povray method, and though I've only done the first 2 steps, I can see (having seen some nice POV renders on websites) the quality that can be achieved. As for your (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Seeking Lugnet community help for a freeware computer game

(...) Hi there Gabriel, This sounds very cool. I am not sure I can help you with provision of sprites, but have you thought of using a script to convert LDraw models to simpler meshes (with textures), and then animating those. I know you are going (...) (18 years ago, 9-Jul-06, to lugnet.general, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming)

  BrickQuest

Are there any write ups of BrickQuest games? Pics of rooms made? Other chat/advice/discussion of this game? I am interested in trying it, but can't find any good websites on it (other than brickquest.com of course)! Any help would be appreciated... (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jul-06, to lugnet.gaming)

  Brickwars CyberWarfare type game

Sitting here in class, listening to a video on cyberwarfare and cyber-terrorism, made me wonder if anyone has attempted a Brikwars game with this type of theme. I know that Mike included a brief reference to it in BW Core Rules 2001, including a (...) (18 years ago, 22-May-06, to lugnet.gaming)

  Better late than never, BrikWars 2005 is out of the gate

Wow! Lugnet sure is quiet when you put .admin in the skip-filter. I hope you guys don't mind me interrupting the cultured debate about who gets to be the foulest villain in the Friendliest Place on the Internet -- but I've got news! Ludicrously (...) (18 years ago, 2-Apr-06, to lugnet.gaming.brikwars, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.announce, FTX) !!

  Re: MINI LEGO Event in San Diego, CA March 3rd to 5th

(...) This should be a lot of fun. Especially since Mat has asked me to organize the gaming function of our little event. Consider this a request for suggestions, comments, etc. on running games at a Con. This will be my first time at GMing at a (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jan-06, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.ca.sd, FTX)

  New Mecha: Talon

Greetings all! Just finished my latest Battlemech. I don't usually build them so close together, but the creative urge hit me again. I had to run with it, and yes, I freely admit I am obsessed with triangles at the moment! As per usual, the stats (...) (19 years ago, 7-Dec-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming) !

  Cart and BrickQuest figs

First off is a cart I made for my DnD characters. I play DnD on the weekends with friends from work. We use the figs to help in battle situations. (URL) Also, I've been playing with ideas on modifing BrickQuest to include both classes and races. For (...) (19 years ago, 5-Sep-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: Any FPS or RTS AFOL modders out there?

I was wondering what happened to y'all. Glad to see you're still around. :) Sounds quite ambitious - I've reg'd on the forums, and y'all might see me over there. I'll be more than happy to share the source meshes for the CS weapons and minifigs from (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: Any FPS or RTS AFOL modders out there?

(...) I started a Half-Life 2 mod two years ago called Block Party. Search the lugnet.gaming newsgroup for its older name, LEGOLAND, and you'll find the other posts about it. (URL) Look for a (very) limited release in a few weeks. -Jordan Bradford (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Any FPS or RTS AFOL modders out there?

I like acronyms...anyways... I'm working on BrickSpace, and now BrickFire. Also trying to learn C so I can write my own FPS and RTS, but that's a bit longer term. Right now, I'm wondering if among our fine ranks there are any of you who are modders, (...) (19 years ago, 29-Aug-05, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  BrickSpace now available for download.

I've run into some problems, so I'm making BrickSpace available for download earlier than planned. You need Homeworld 1 to play it, and copies of that game are available for under 5 bucks on Amazon. I'd encourage you to try out the test maps first, (...) (19 years ago, 10-Aug-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  BrickQuest (Adv) at BrickFest 2005

Hello Castlers who might attend BrickFest. I'll be running a BrickQuest game. This game will be quite a bit different than your typical BrickQuest game (which I'm calling BrickQuest Advanced for the time being), as it will be on a battlefield (...) (19 years ago, 3-Aug-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Add a Piece

(...) I'd like to see those - I spotted (URL) in a quick search, are there more? (19 years ago, 16-Jul-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  Add a Piece

A new game was invented last nite at Billy and Kirsten's house party at the Cincinnati NMRA/NTS convention... Basically it works like this: (these rules are subject to cleanup, lots of people were involved in inventing this, we made it up as we went (...) (19 years ago, 10-Jul-05, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.trains, lugnet.events, lugnet.build)

  Pirates of the Spanish Main

Was out shopping the other day and found a game called, Pirates of the Spanish Main. See www.wizkidsgames.com/pirates It's a neat little game, uses punched cards to make ships, has all sorts of collectable stuff and so on. Anyhow the rules are nice (...) (19 years ago, 6-Jul-05, to lugnet.pirates, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.au)

  Bricktek at Marcon 40

Hello all, I just finished posting the pictures of one of my Bricktek games played at Marcon 40. (URL) the players had a great time, and we had some things come up in game that had not happened yet during one of my sessions. Like, shooting at a (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jun-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: A few of my Mocs used to play Battletech

(...) Well Larry, Like I said in the post for the Samuraii, I have been busy!! But the "Lot of patience" isn't coming from the Mocs on the shelf, it's my wife's patience for my Lego obsession. LOL!! -Jon (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: A few of my Mocs used to play Battletech

(...) There must be a LOT of patience in your household, that riposte took a week, or thereabouts. :-) Well played answer though. (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: A few of my Mocs used to play Battletech

(...) They wait patiently on their shelf until the next Marcon, of course! -jon (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  New Mecha: Samuraii

Hello all, Been very busy this month with getting ready for my Bricktek game at Marcon. I ended up with some unexpected (but welcome) free time on my hands when I had to stay home from work due to a sinus infection. Thus the Samuraii was born! (...) (19 years ago, 27-May-05, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: A few of my Mocs used to play Battletech

(...) What do they do now? :-) Steve (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: A few of my Mocs used to play Battletech

In lugnet.announce.moc, Jon Walden wrote: They look nice for being built from pieces of a "smaller" collection. You mechs looked nice too. (...) Finally, a use for all those wheels. (...) The big cavern. (...) Will it be retrofitted to accomodate (...) (19 years ago, 17-May-05, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  A few of my Mocs used to play Battletech

Hello all, I finally got around to taking pictures of the last of my Mocs that were used in my Bricktek games of the last 3 years. They are now on Brickshelf for all to see. In chronological order (I think) they are: Whiplash (5 URLs) is the link (...) (19 years ago, 16-May-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.space, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.build.mecha)

  BrickSpace Homeworld Mod - Call For Texturing Help

The BrickSpace mod needs you! I am looking for people who have experience with Photoshop or the like, the 3D program Blender, and can work well on their own. I'm quite willing to do all of this by myself, but it will go faster and the quality will (...) (19 years ago, 5-May-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.games, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.people.teens, FTX)

  Brick Based Gaming at Faraway Places

I just read a post about possible gaming at BrickFest 2005, and then noticed this addition to Brickshelf. (URL) The person responsible for the BrickShelf gallery is named ApophisV and is a member at Classic Castle. The construction of the balcony (...) (19 years ago, 4-May-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  A great idea! --> David's idea

David, that is a smashing idea! Count me in! While I was thinking about this, I thought of a few set backs that are going to have to be ironed out before this thing gets going. 1. Who is going to do the action e-mails? Or will this be handled by (...) (19 years ago, 26-Apr-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: LEGO game good for kids?

(...) Speedway Game, which seems similar. In fact if nothing else, that game might be a good way to get 5 carts for your Go-Kart Racing game. :) Have you looked at that one? How do they compare? From reading the reviews at Amazon, one advantage to (...) (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: LEGO game good for kids?

(...) forming a town, but we could either race around town, or tear the town down for a while (it's about that time anyway) and build a go-cart track. I love the grandstands in your track layout, BTW! (...) Sure, I'd appreciate that. Thanks, - Joe (19 years ago, 22-Apr-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: LEGO game good for kids?

(...) You could try (URL). It's basically Pictionary with LEGO pieces. Depending on your son's age, some of the things you're supposed to be illustrating might be a little difficult, and the piece count is pretty limited (less than 100, IIRC). I (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: LEGO game good for kids?

(...) I have a game using Lego set #6436 (and/or 6498), I downloaded the instructions and ordered the parts to make a dozen. I call it 'Go-Kart Racing'. It is played on Road Base Plates. Here is a link to pics on my Brickshelf pages: (URL) can make (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: LEGO game good for kids?

You might try out LEGO Creator. It's a board game that revolves around collecting the pieces to build constructions. You could also look into the X-Pod game, but it does feature fighting between robots and dismantling and such. Frank (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  LEGO game good for kids?

I'm looking for new ways to play with LEGO with my young son. When he gets older, I'm sure we'll enjoy BrickWars and BrickQuest and Evil Stevie's Pirate Game and so on. But they're both too complicated and too violent for him at this point. The game (...) (19 years ago, 21-Apr-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Caslte & Space Display - Gaming at F-Con Pictures/Report - MichLUG

(...) It looks like a lot of the links on the left (in the castle section) lead to thumbnails, not full images. Marc Nelson Jr. (URL) Marc's Creations>> (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: Caslte & Space Display - Gaming at F-Con Pictures/Report - MichLUG

(...) Sorry, forgot the link. I've been sorta brain dead lately. Ugh. (URL) Pictures and Report> Jason Spears | (URL) House of Bricks> | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> | (URL) CLB> (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Caslte & Space Display - Gaming at F-Con Pictures/Report - MichLUG

(4 URLs) MichLUG was invited to display and run games at the Foundation Gaming Convention in Lansing, Michigan. The event ran from April 1st till April 3rd. Peter Guenther ran (URL) BrickQuest> and (URL) BrickMech>, while I ran (URL) Brick Battles>. (...) (19 years ago, 6-Apr-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events, FTX)

  Childhood Dreams Come True...Classic Space Homeworld Mod

I'm sure most of you swooshed your ships all over the house, and imagined them dodging through space, adventures aplenty. Well now, they really can have those adventures. (URL) Consider this a very small teaser of things to come. A demo of the (...) (19 years ago, 3-Apr-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.cad, lugnet.games, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Lego DS Charging Stand! (with a battle droid!)

Found this while surfin' the web: (URL) Just couldn't resist sharing! (make sure you scroll down and see the better colored version to) (19 years ago, 29-Mar-05, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.fun, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build, FTX)

  New Homeworld Ship - Blacktron Invader

(URL) The wings animate on the way out of the mothership. Comments, critiques more than welcome. I've crossposted to several groups that I thought this might be of interest to. One "AdamS" helped out on this mesh, mainly resolving manifold issues. (...) (19 years ago, 26-Mar-05, to lugnet.space, lugnet.people.teens, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.games, FTX)

  MichLTC to display and run games at Foundation Gaming CON in Lansing, MI - April 1st-3rd

MichLUG has been invited to run games and display at the (URL) Foundation Gaming Convetion> in Lansing MI, on Friday, April 1st through Sunday, April 3rd. MichLUG will have a 5'x10' castle display on Saturday and Sunday. The display will feature (...) (19 years ago, 22-Mar-05, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events, lugnet.gaming, FTX) !

  Re: "LEGOLAND - A Half-Life 2 Modification" needs a new name!

(...) Thanks! (...) When a piece detaches from your minifig's body, you will have to wait a few seconds before you can reattach it. That's the current plan. During that time it's more than likely you will become separated from whatever it is you (...) (19 years ago, 11-Mar-05, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Blockland, PC Wargaming

I was a little surprised to stumble on this PC game in a non-LEGO discussion group but not mentioned here on Lugnet. (URL) the system requirements are too high for my PC:s, but I would like to share the link with anyway. /Tore (19 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: "LEGOLAND - A Half-Life 2 Modification" needs a new name!

LOL Jordan, what a hillarious idea! But perhaps it's too ambitious? The whole building part sounds hard to make (and hard to get people to participate in instead of just going gung-ho), and if you can just pick up detached parts, what stops you from (...) (19 years ago, 18-Feb-05, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: "LEGOLAND - A Half-Life 2 Modification" needs a new name!

How about "Half-Lug 2"? Dr. S. (19 years ago, 15-Feb-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: "LEGOLAND - A Half-Life 2 Modification" needs a new name!

I'm posting here rather than the linked page so that: A - I get credit for these ;-) B - maybe seeing a list of really bad names triggers some ideas... First thought on seeing the project... "man that is going to be "ABSurd (ly fun)" And variants of (...) (19 years ago, 11-Feb-05, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Homeworld 2 Badges

For any HW2 players out there: I've created some HW2 badges for the three main Space factions. Pre Classic Space: (URL) (PCS) Star Rangers: (URL) Eastern Block: (URL) Jade Empire: (URL) Badge files: (URL) Enjoy! -Stefan- (19 years ago, 7-Feb-05, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.people.teens, FTX)

  "LEGOLAND - A Half-Life 2 Modification" needs a new name!

Greetings, LEGO fans! I joined LUGNET in 2003 partly to (URL) get volunteers> to work on a LEGO-themed computer game. Mike Rayhawk of (URL) BrikWars> fame kindly joined the team, and together we and the other team members who came along set up what (...) (19 years ago, 4-Feb-05, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.fun, lugnet.cad, lugnet.general, FTX)

  Sign up now to command your own Starship or Marine detachment!

If anyone out there is interested in commanding their own LEGO Starship or Marine Detachment in my universe, you might want to check out the following links where I'm recruiting for Officers to join my fleet of warships. You can either just put your (...) (19 years ago, 26-Jan-05, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.build.microscale, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.space)

  Re: LEGOversalis

(...) Would that I had time to play. As for thoughts, I would take "LEGO" out of the name, as it probably violates the Fair Play policy (URL). Too bad, though. Brickversalis and PBBversalis just don't have the same ring. You might even run into (...) (19 years ago, 25-Jan-05, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  LEGOversalis

Hi all, There's this game called (URL) Universalis> that I like to play. It's a story-building game that is sometimes portrayed (mistakenly IMO) as a role-playing game. In Universalis, there are characters that do things, but control of the (...) (19 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: SandLUG Brikwars Game Announcment

(...) And now we have a (URL). We will be playing at Pair-A-Dice games in Vista. This is approximately across the 78 from my house, if you remember where that is. If you don't, (URL) maps> will be happy to help. (URL) AMS> (2 URLs) LLCA> (...) (19 years ago, 20-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: SandLUG Brikwars Game Announcment

(...) I've got my forces started. We are the Ritvik, "resistance is useless". This foul army is made intierly from Ritvik(Megabloks) "Dragon" minifigs, as are all of the castle bits. Colors: black washed Ritvik plastic Leader type: Grand Pewba (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: SandLUG Brikwars Game Announcment

(...) Mike, You of all people should know that pre-set CP limits are not encouraged by the author. But just in case we have guests that haven't played with this group before: We try to avoid specific CP limits, and prefer to do balancing at the (...) (19 years ago, 19-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: SandLUG Brikwars Game Announcment

(...) Sounds interesting, but a little vague - maybe you should lay out some more specifics: - How big are the armies? Size/CP limits? - How big are the castles? Size/CP limits? - What kind of castle stuff is allowed? Catapults? Siege towers? - What (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.gaming)

  Project Rules

Alright, much to Jason's relief, I have given the rules some thought. Here is what I got so far. We use the rules that Jason has up so far on the web site about calculating how big each player's faction's forces will be. Other than that, we use (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  SandLUG Brikwars Game Announcment

I am pleased to announce that on January 26th, 2005 at precisely 7:00pm Pacific Standard Time SandLUG members will commence the first game of their Brikwars campaign. The title for this game is: The Fog of War Clears It will be a Tech Level 2 (...) (19 years ago, 18-Jan-05, to lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Monte Cook does LEGO again

See his journal entry for 1/12/2005: (URL) post back when he posts the pictures. Frank (19 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: IndyLUG BrickQuest Game

(...) It's just a "Beware, danger lurks there" type of marker. I played around with getting the grid pattern onto the terrain. I originally thought that I would have the adventurers travel outside for a while before entering the dungeon, but time (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: IndyLUG BrickQuest Game

Very cool! I have to say it's kind of weird to look at others' pictures and see printouts of my stuff in the background, but hey, that's why I wrote the game in the first place... (URL) Nice standard there... is that a Diablo-style shrine of some (...) (19 years ago, 14-Jan-05, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  IndyLUG BrickQuest Game

At our November meeting, IndyLUG put together and played the Brickquest game created by Peter Guenther. I put together the dungeon and "Brick-Mastered" (my first time at running any sort of fantasy/RPG game). Players included David Gregory, John (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jan-05, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.in.ind, lugnet.org.us.indylug) !

  The project

Avery forwarded to me an e-mail he got from a Larry over in the General section where he first posted Michael's post. Aparently, it's better that the Alpha Centauri Project posts here under gaming. I got a question for the group, what are we going (...) (19 years ago, 5-Jan-05, to lugnet.gaming)

  BrickMechs: The Ripper and the Jolly Reaper

Two new Mechs in the BrickMech modular format. General gallery when moderated: (URL) arms on these are from September, when Rick Hallman and I bought some MechWarrior booster packs (WizKids) at Foundation Con. I was never inspired on the legs--a (...) (19 years ago, 23-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: BrickMech Website and Rules Now Posted!

(...) Right... I wanted just enough in the rules so that I could introduce a record sheet later on, or likely several record sheets (ground vehicle, VTOL, etc) that could introduce new things to the game. So right now it's just a hook in the rules (...) (19 years ago, 22-Dec-04, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: BrickMech Website and Rules Now Posted!

(...) That's a pretty tightly-written set of rules, if only everyone could keep their Lego games so concise. Three comments: The range table divides stats between mechs and vehicles - this seems unnecessary, since (a) their stats are (almost) (...) (19 years ago, 21-Dec-04, to lugnet.gaming)

  BrickMech Website and Rules Now Posted!

I've finally gotten around to creating a website for BrickMech ((URL) while it's a bit minimalist, the rules are there along with links to galleries of creations and Con photos. The modular specification hasn't really changed, though I tightened up (...) (19 years ago, 20-Dec-04, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: BrickQuest first questions

(...) Upon further reflection, I've decided you're right... since critical hits don't add extra damage, they just set a minimum damage, it's not going to upset game balance or add power to already powerful-in-combat characters to define critical hit (...) (19 years ago, 19-Dec-04, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  BrikWars Planning for SANDLUG

I hope to start a semi-regular Brikwars game campaign for our area/group. To help move that goal forward I propose three tasks for anyone interested in participating. 1. Create a team concept Pick a color scheme (Black-with-Red-Trim and (...) (20 years ago, 8-Dec-04, to lugnet.org.us.sandlug, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: BrickQuest first questions

(...) Right... he could still move in and attack, or could position himself for a charge next turn. (...) I'll think about this... but it hasn't been a problem thus far. I might be reworking the combat mechanism to something more like it was (...) (20 years ago, 23-Nov-04, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Our first wargame (QuikWars)

MOCs and snapshots of IndyLUG's first foray into wargaming with ABS plastic. (URL) folder may not yet be public). (20 years ago, 22-Nov-04, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.us.indylug)

  Re: BrickQuest first questions

(...) Nice tips. Thanks. (...) Good rule. (...) OK, so for a line of movement to be in a straight line, it must be in one of the four cardinal directions or along one of the four primary diagonals? So in the diagram, if there were a creature (...) (20 years ago, 18-Nov-04, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: BrickQuest first questions

Questions are great... thanks for asking! (...) Well, it is about game balance and resource management... he can't be significantly more powerful than other characters. However, when I run a game I always start all characters out with one healing (...) (20 years ago, 17-Nov-04, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: BrickQuest first questions

Hi Brian. I've played the game once at GenCon, so I'll answer what I can. (...) Look in the Swag page on the website. There's a Mana Potion that restores a dice roll's worth of spell points. (...) I believe that's the case. (...) It's like the 2x16 (...) (20 years ago, 17-Nov-04, to lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  BrickQuest first questions

I just read through the BrickQuest rules, and I'm quite impressed. I have a number of questions I hope Peter can answer, though. I haven't played a game yet, so please forgive the more ignorant questions. 1) Although the Wizard has powerful spells, (...) (20 years ago, 16-Nov-04, to lugnet.gaming, lugnet.org.us.indylug, FTX)

  Pictures of Gaming at Foundation Con - BrickQuest, ESPG, & More

(4 URLs) MichLUG (in participation with GameLUG) ran a track of games at the Foundation Gaming Convention in Okemos, MI the weekend of September 25&26. Peter Guenther ran BrickQuest and BrickMech, while Larry Pieniazek ran ESPG and Brick Battles. (...) (20 years ago, 15-Nov-04, to lugnet.org.us.michlug, lugnet.org.glug, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.events, lugnet.gaming, FTX)

  Re: Question about quality of Best Lock...

(...) I use a number of creatures that aren't statted up by Steve Jackson. Mummies, ghosts, skeletons, all the various dinosaurs, elephants, etc. In fact, mostly I don't use the creatures that Steve Jackson statted up... Frank (20 years ago, 15-Oct-04, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Question about quality of Best Lock...

(...) Not as long as you don't mind having to adjust dimensions and ranges according to whatever scale vessels/crewmembers you're using. The official scale wouldn't make much sense if you were playing with 4" action figures, as you might end up in a (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Question about quality of Best Lock...

(...) True, but nothing that is critical to the game is dependant on LEGO, other than perhaps the definition of ship classes, and even those aren't critical. Of course lots of LEGO creatures have been released since the rules have been written and (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: ESPG rules considerations (was Re: Question about quality of Best Lock...

(...) Mostly true. It is possible for a fleet of small ships to not be able to bring all guns to bear because they block each other, or they are blocked by islands in a busy sea. Correct about the partial damage issue (this also helps damage (...) (20 years ago, 14-Oct-04, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: Question about quality of Best Lock...

(...) He may be trying to say that, but the rules are pretty clearly tailor-fit to the LEGO System. Every LEGO beastie that would be appropriate to use in this sort of game has been statted out, and every statted beastie exists in LEGO form. All of (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.gaming)

  Re: ESPG rules considerations (was Re: Question about quality of Best Lock...

(...) They'd also benefit from the fact that they should always be able to aim all cannon at the larger ship, but the larger ship wouldn't always be able to target all of them at the same time. Theoretically the larger ship should benefit from the (...) (20 years ago, 7-Oct-04, to lugnet.gaming)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact