 Gaming / 120
Re: Inaugural Ohio BrikWars Pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 19:22:28 GMT

In lugnet.fun.gaming, Shaun Sullivan writes:

These are great!  Lots of praise to follow:

1)  I am amazed by the green-hilly-mountain-forest area of the scenery -
it looks amazing!  With the trees and use of those huge baseplate mounds
and the water ... *drool drool*  Landscaping can make the event

We spent about 3 hours doing the terrain alone.

2)  I *love* the bowling pin.  In one of the first pictures you can just
see its base - I was thinking to myself "what is that, some sort of power
station?  lmao it looked wonderful, adding a nice lighthearted touch!

Adrian Drake built that. :)

3)  Great Spider-Mech, using the Tie Fighter Window.  It reminded me of
the mech in Episode 6 (? - I think that's the one) of Bubble Gum Crisis,
where the non-Priss rock star leads a secret life of vengeance ...

Again, Adrian built that one.

4)  Love the close-up shot of carnage ... again, another demonstration of
the shortcomings of close formations lol.  And the Jar-Jar splatter -
priceless!

Jeez, you must really like Adrian Drake or something -- he did the Jar-Jar
splatters.

5)  Great use of the Flash Speeders - they  look so naturally
belligerent.  Loading them up with the troops looks authentic, too.

Yes, I thought those were cool. Those were Jeff Christner's.

6)  How did the monkey squadron fare?  I'd love to hear that they had
mastered guerilla tactics (pun intended) and drove the enemy bananas with
their hit and run attacks.

The monkey's? We just added those for decoration -- they never saw any combat
whatsoever. It was 5:30 when our armies finally made it onto the top of the
rise (the right-hand one that Gino built) and we had to pack it all up.

BTW, Adrian brought the monkeys.....

;)
shaun

Drew Lawrence