 Gaming / 113
Re: Inaugural Ohio BrikWars Pictures
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming, lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 12:37:29 GMT

These are great!  Lots of praise to follow:

1)  I am amazed by the green-hilly-mountain-forest area of the scenery -
it looks amazing!  With the trees and use of those huge baseplate mounds
and the water ... *drool drool*  Landscaping can make the event

2)  I *love* the bowling pin.  In one of the first pictures you can just
see its base - I was thinking to myself "what is that, some sort of power
station?  lmao it looked wonderful, adding a nice lighthearted touch!

3)  Great Spider-Mech, using the Tie Fighter Window.  It reminded me of
the mech in Episode 6 (? - I think that's the one) of Bubble Gum Crisis,
where the non-Priss rock star leads a secret life of vengeance ...

4)  Love the close-up shot of carnage ... again, another demonstration of
the shortcomings of close formations lol.  And the Jar-Jar splatter -
priceless!

5)  Great use of the Flash Speeders - they  look so naturally
belligerent.  Loading them up with the troops looks authentic, too.

6)  How did the monkey squadron fare?  I'd love to hear that they had
mastered guerilla tactics (pun intended) and drove the enemy bananas with
their hit and run attacks.

;)
shaun

Jeff Christner wrote:

Well, I'm not sure what my brother-in-law did in regards to uploading
the pics of BrikWars to BrickShelf, but something went wrong along the
line. Yesterday he gave me copies of all the pics he took on floppy
disks along with his password for BrickShelf. After the images didn't
show up, I tried posting an image just to test it out, and sure
enough, it came up right away. I uploaded several more pics and tried
to capture the feel of the event as best as I could thru the selection
of pictures. I couldn't upload them all as I'm on a slow connection
and it would have taken forever.

Anyway, you can find most of the pictures here:

About the only pics I didn't upload were those during the early set up
period, and those pics that were redundant or that didn't show any
real action.

Jeff Christner

Visit Sixby Fire Tech at - http://members.aol.com/regult/

Help support my LEGO habit. Ship by rail.
Visit http://www.nscorp.com/ to find out how.