 Games / *480 (-20)
Subject:
Gazillion press release clarifies Netdevil layoff rumors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.games
Date:
Fri, 25 Feb 2011 04:51:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Gazillion press release clarifies Netdevil layoff rumors

By Jef Reahard on Feb. 24th 2011

The NetDevil/LEGO Universe brouhaha that unfolded earlier this morning is officially official thanks to a press release just published by Gazillion Entertainment. Gazillion has formally agreed to sell its development stake in the LEGO Universe MMO to the LEGO Group (the game’s publisher and custodian of the world-famous toy brand).

Most of the LEGO devs, formerly employed by NetDevil (a Gazillion subsidiary), have received employment offers from the LEGO Group and will continue iterating on the game from the company’s Louisville, Colorado studio.

Gazillion is re-focusing its ongoing development efforts into browser games, according to President and COO David Brevik. “The transition of members of our team to the LEGO Group enables us to focus completely on internally-published, free-to-play game businesses,” he said.

Massively.joystiq.com

-end of report-

Subject:
LEGO to Launch LEGO Universe in October 2010
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.games
Date:
Thu, 17 Jun 2010 13:35:07 GMT

LEGO Universe Arrives on October 12

The LEGO Group and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment have announced that LEGO Universe, the MMO based around the incredibly popular building game, will be going live on October 12, allowing a select group of fans to join in the experience before opening the game to all those interested a few days later, on October 26. The LEGO-based MMO can be enjoyed on the PC and the Mac, with the port created by the CiderTM Portability Engine from TransGaming.

All those who are interested in getting the game as soon as possible need to pick it up in official LEGO Stores, at LEGOLAND or using the LEGO Online Shop. On October 12, only those who use these buying options will be able to get into the game with publishing partner Warner Bros. putting it up for sale two weeks later.

Henrik Taudorf Lorensen, who is the vice president at the Digital division of the LEGO Group, stated “Our vision is to provide LEGO fans of all ages with a whole new quality play experience and creative platform, and LEGO Universe will open up exciting new opportunities for fun and expression this October. The dedicated LEGO fan community has contributed to the development of LEGO Universe since the start of the project, and we show our appreciation with the early Founders release.” The game is currently demoed at the E3 trade conference.

The LEGO Group was founded way back in 1932 and is still family owned, despite the global success it has achieved. The main idea behind LEGO games is to develop creative abilities in children who use them. The LEGO Universe MMO will take the idea one step further by allowing players to build anything they can imagine using the basic bricks of the game, while also taking part in an adventure that pits them against forces of corruption that aim to warp the beautiful universe they inhabit.

Softpedia.com

-end of report-

I hope to see a LEGO Universe APP for iPhone/iTouch/iPad in the near future.

Subject:
TT Games Re-Ups With LEGO, Extends Deal To 2016
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.games
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2010 00:32:18 GMT

TT Games Re-Ups With LEGO®, Extends Deal To 2016

March 3, 2010

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has re-upped its deal with toy brick-maker LEGO Systems, ensuring that WB’s TT Games can continue developing titles based on the LEGO property until 2016.

TT Games, the group comprised of developer Traveller’s Tales, TT Fusion and TT Games Publishing, has spearheaded games like LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Batman and LEGO Indiana Jones --a portfolio WB says has sold nearly 50 million units worldwide.

The next title under the ongoing partnership, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 is set to launch this year, featuring the adventures of the popular wizard and his classmates visualized in LEGO toy form.

“We are very fortunate to have the opportunity to continue the successful partnership between this legendary company and the talented TT Games, which will enable us to further expand our slate of widely recognized, family-friendly games,” says Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group president Kevin Tsujihara.

LEGO Digital VP Henrik Lorensen praised the video games for inspiring kids to play creatively with their physical LEGO bricks “more deeply.”

“We are very excited to continue to work with TT Games because they take a distinctive approach to making games creative, social and non-violent, which makes them a valuable part of the broader LEGO experience,” says Lorensen

Gamasutra.com

-end of report-

Subject:
LEGO® To Market Board Games In U.S. in 2010
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.games
Date:
Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:46:17 GMT

LEGO® To Market Board Games In U.S. in 2010

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Danish toymaker LEGO Group plans to start selling board games in the United States this summer as it extends its business beyond colorful building blocks.

The company will announce 10 board games at the American International Toy Fair, which begins Sunday in New York.

LEGO will also tout toys tied to movies like “Toy Story 3” and “Prince of Persia,” as well as new videogames under the “Star Wars 3” and “Harry Potter” licenses.

The company sees “tremendous potential” in its North American markets, Soren Torp Laursen, president of LEGO Americas, told Reuters ahead of Toy Fair.

LEGO’s U.S. sales rose 30 percent in 2009 despite a wider pullback in consumer spending. It commands about 4 percent of the nation’s toy market.

Priced between $9.99 and $34.99, the board games, which include “Ramses Pyramid” and “Minotaurus,” will mostly hit store shelves in July. A few will be available online from late March.

The games promise to test memory and logical skills of children as they compete to reach a certain destination.

“We are pretty sure we are sitting on a formula that will be worthwhile for the retailers to support,” Laursen said, citing the success of a test launch of the games in Britain and Germany.

AGAINST THE TIDE?

Even as many U.S. retailers look for growth overseas, Laursen said LEGO was confident of its bet on the United States. A search for value and a sense of nostalgia drove parents to classic toys in the economic downturn.

“The consumer is clearly voting in our favor right now,” he said. “We are getting to the stage now when parents of today’s kids grew up with LEGO themselves. The impact of them having an emotional attachment cannot be underestimated.”

LEGO, whose name originates from the Danish words for “play well,” started as a small carpenter’s workshop in Billund, Denmark, about 80 years ago.

Laursen noted that LEGO saw more growth in toys priced above $30 in 2009, underscoring parents’ willingness to invest in trusted names.

The company can also afford to experiment and take some risks in 2010, Laursen said. It recently ramped up its Mexico manufacturing operations to cope with rising demand.

And unlike past years, when LEGO relied heavily on Hollywood-related properties to boost its business, its core lines of building sets like “LEGO City” and “Power Miners” performed well in 2009.

Asked about his long-term goals for the U.S. business, Laursen said: “I am not going to retire before we have 10 percent market share. That’s a reasonable ambition ... I am 46 and I have no immediate plans to retire.”

(Reporting by Dhanya Skariachan; Editing by Lisa Von Ahn)

Reuters.com

-end of report-

Subject:
LEGO® Signs 3-Year Deal With Unity Technologies
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.games
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2010 10:27:11 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

LEGO® Signs 3-Year Deal With Unity Technologies

Unity Technologies announced today that it had signed a three-year deal with the LEGO Group, according to which the plastic brick company will standardize on Unity-authored materials for 3D content on LEGO.com.

Unity has has been used for a variety of full-fledged virtual worlds and MMOs, including Cartoon Network’s FusionFall and the upcoming Marvel MMO, but the press release makes no mention of the upcoming LEGO Universe. LEGO Universe will be sold via download or on disc at retail, though FusionFall(1) did the same.

It sounds like Unity might have more to do with the casual games on LEGO.com than the Universe--it’s already the platform for two LEGO games--but the browser-based Unity client could offer a lightweight window to the massive world.

“We’ve invested a great deal of time evaluating technology for the next phase of www.LEGO.com,” said Claus Toftegaard Matthiesen, Technology Manager of the LEGO Group. “We believe that Unity’s flexibility, strength and power will give us scope to create world leading content for our consumers and are looking forward to the cooperation.”

Virtual World News

Unity Technologies

(1) Fusion Fall is part of Cartoon Network.

-end of report-

Subject:
LEGO Board Games: Interview with Cephas Howard
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.games
Date:
Tue, 14 Jul 2009 02:56:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

From Blog website: www.brettspiel.co.uk By Brett J. Gilbert

July 12, 2009

LEGO Board Games: Interview with Cephas Howard

In which I am lucky enough to get the scoop on the new LEGO board games from Cephas Howard, the lead designer of all 10 games, and discover more about the games’ genesis and his own game design philosophy.

When I requested (in a fit of rhetorical whimsy!) that ‘the real Cephas Howard stand up and make himself known’ I did not for one moment expect him to do so. I am therefore profoundly grateful to Cephas for getting in touch with me after reading my earlier posts, and for subsequently being so open and generous in sharing his experiences and insights, thereby allowing us all a glimpse of the remarkable development program undertaken at LEGO.

Cephas is a British game designer who, for the past three years, has been leading a mammoth design effort at LEGO. The initial tranche of 10 games are available online now in the UK LEGO shop; they will soon be available more widely in UK and Europe, and will see a widespread international release in 2010. LEGO is a global toy brand and their bold move into the board game market is notable for many reasons. But who is Cephas, and how did he come to be spearheading such a remarkable endeavour?

Cephas describes a childhood experience of designing games to play with family and friends that I think will be familiar to many adult game designers, although even at that age his approach seems preternaturally rigourous: repeatedly playing and evolving the games with his two brothers before sharing them with their friends. However, few children grow up actively wanting to be game designers, even if the ‘bug’ is never lost, and though he continued to maintain notebooks of game ideas (a practice I would definitely recommend!) he otherwise pursued a professional design career within the publishing industry.

The roll of the die

The opportunity at LEGO arose at a time when Cephas was actively looking to self-publish two of his own games. He had quotes from manufacturers, he had a website, he had business cards; and then he saw an advertisement for the job at LEGO and events took an entirely unexpected turn. He says that he had always dreamed of working for LEGO as a boy and, as an adult, continued to admire the brand and the toys. Here, then, was his chance. He applied for the position and — to quote Cephas — ‘lo and behold’ landed the job based on his past portfolio, his enthusiasm and ideas, and what was perhaps a true meeting of minds with his future bosses.

And then the real work began, and for Cephas the ‘real battle’ was to convince LEGO to launch with many games, not just one. This is clearly a battle he convincingly won, and now, three years after Cephas designed his first LEGO game, the trademark ‘buildable’ dice and the entire range of 10 games is finally available for the public to play.

‘One of the aspects I believe is necessary for getting your games launched is to have a belief in yourself and your ideas, and the ability to convince others and make believers of them also.’

CEPHAS HOWARD

Many designers might have been humbled by both the scale of the project and the fact that the envisioned product range was something genuinely new to LEGO and therefore not without significant commercial risk. Cephas, however, gives the impression of a man both utterly undaunted by such concerns and incredibly eager to get going. In his first year alone he developed around 30 game ideas.

The deliberate focus of the launch range of games were children in the age range 6–10 years old, and from the outset the games were constantly being evolved and playtested with groups of children from Germany, the UK and the US. Cephas’ express hope is to encourage children familiar with LEGO but who do not have the ‘game bug’ to play, and that within the first 10 games there is a range of experiences that contains ‘something for everyone’, including the grown-ups.

Cephas describes LEGO itself as a great prototyping tool: fast, flexible and endlessly rebuildable. Most of his game ideas came to him without a preconceived ‘theme’, and were the result of exercises in investigating possible game mechanisms and different uses of LEGO bricks. These ideas could be quickly playtested in-house before being presented to the playtest groups. Only later in the process did he begin to try out possible ‘stories’ that could be applied to the games to create a sense of narrative play for the children.

Although Cephas has been the lead designer on the games it is clear that a large team of developers and designers within LEGO have been at his side, and that he and his team have wisely sought counsel from some carefully chosen experts. Of all the games, the flagship title Ramses Pyramid is alone in featuring a well-known designer’s name on the box: that of Reiner Knizia, who is very possibly the best known game designer at work today.

‘It was great getting to playtest my game ideas with Reiner and just tap into his huge vault of experience. He is a great character and a fantastic games designer.’

CEPHAS HOWARD

Cephas worked with Knizia on both Ramses Pyramid and Lunar Command specifically, but Knizia also acted as a consultant on the project as a whole and continues to work with LEGO on future games.

Cephas also has praise for Bernie DeKoven’s book ‘The Well-Played Game’. “I have also been inspired by the thinking of DeKoven, and his idea of the ‘well-played game’. He suggests you should be able to break or change the rules of a game if this is necessary to play it well together.”

Build – Play – Change

The concept of a breakable, changeable, rebuildable game is the central conceit of the entire range. LEGO’s tagline for the games is ‘Build - Play - Change’ and the game rules themselves contain an explicit challenge to players to do just that. The players are actively encouraged to change the board or the dice, to break the rules; to not just play the game, but to play with the game.

‘We give you the express permission to change the game we have designed.’

CEPHAS HOWARD

“First you build your game,” says Cephas. “This creates a bond and a greater sense of ownership, immersion and understanding of the game for the kids. It also gives them the confidence to change it later on.”

“Next you play. The games all have good, solid game experiences that can be played over and over, and allow kids to have fun with their friends and family while doing so.” Cephas points out that truly social play is something that LEGO has not always offered, but that these games allow parents to be genuinely involved in LEGO play with their children.

“Then you change. Now if gets interesting!” Cephas explains that each game provides new ideas for gameplay, including not just advanced rules but also the challenge to children to get creative, albeit with the wise suggestion to try out one idea at a time so that they can see what works and hopefully learn why.

“The dice we designed sums all of this up in itself,” says Cephas. “You build it, play with it, and can change it. And it creates the element of chance in all our games which means that any player has a chance of winning a strategic game.”

The dice is the one physical element common to all the games and its image is used across their packaging and as an icon for LEGO’s marketing of the new products. The notion of designing a ‘buildable’ dice for a line of new LEGO games may seem obvious, but the project began with the assumption that any dice used would be wooden. It was Cephas’ suggestion that just such a buildable dice was needed, although he freely admits that many people were involved in creating the final design, which took the company 16 months to perfect.

In addition the games demanded the design of a completely new LEGO ‘microfig’ that would occupy a single LEGO ‘stud’ when placed onto a gameboard. Given the importance of this component, its design, like that of the dice, was iterated extensively before the final production microfig was born.

Climbing the mountain

There is a story to be told about the genesis and evolution of each of the games, but to illustrate some of the ways in which individual games changed Cephas chose the example of Lava Dragon. The game is a ‘simple’ race game: the first player to reach the top of the mountain and command the dragon wins; along the way players try to block their opponents or even push them off the mountain with the special ‘lava stick’.

The game began as an Alpine adventure (photos 1 and 2). The very first prototype was not even a game, rather just a model used to illustrate the concept to the first group of kids the team showed it to.

“When I first test games they are very basic looking,” says Cephas. “Just a few bricks and a dice. The principle is to test the game idea; if that works then we start to dress and theme the game in stages, testing as we go, evolving the built set and the rules at the same time.”

Unseen in the photos, but part of the game from the beginning, is the dice. The game’s innovative core mechanism is that the coloured panels on the dice (which correspond to the player colours) are added to the dice during the game and so the dice configures differently each time. Players roll the dice in turn, but all of the players can move on any roll if their colour comes up. “You might end up moving with every roll,” expains Cephas. “No more waiting for your turn to be engaged in the game.”

As the game developed the setting was changed from an Alpine setting to a volcanic one (photo 3), and the game’s ‘trophy’ became a dragon (photo 4). Cephas explains that the so-called ‘lava stick’ both inspired and arose from this transition: “It gave the possibity to eject a player from the mountain back to the bottom in a very physical and rewarding manner. The players’ men really pop off nicely!”

The wisdom of children

Cephas describes an exhaustive program of playtesting the entire range of games. The team held weekly playtest sessions with groups of children, introducing new ideas to them at very early stages, often before any formal rules had been written. These groups included new children each week, so that each time even the experience of playing a board game using LEGO would be new.

“Playtesting with your friends is never enough,” observes Cephas. “You must have total strangers play your games and be brutally honest about them. Kids are good like that. They tell it like it is. Then listen to what they say and make changes. I don’t mean do exactly what they say, merely listen to what they are saying and why they are saying it. Usually you, the designer, will be able to fix any problems much better than they will, but you might never spot those problems if they didn’t point them out.”

‘Accept that some games just don’t work and can’t be saved; be prepared to let them go and move on.’

CEPHAS HOWARD

Cephas suggests that most game designs are unpublishable, principally because, in his opinion, the game designer designed the game that he wanted to play and did not give enough thought to what others would enjoy. “Don’t design it for yourself, design it for others to enjoy. This might actually mean you no longer really enjoy playing the game you designed, but as long as everyone else does then you have succeeded. Remember, if you are publishing it then it is work, it is a business; it is no longer about you nor about trying to design the perfect game for you.”

‘From the second you decide to publish a game it is no longer truly yours.’

CEPHAS HOWARD

Cephas highlights that the purpose of the playtesting sessions was never to simply ‘rubber stamp’ an already established game idea but to allow those ideas to evolve and improve as much as possible before they were made available to the public. Which, of course, is not intended to be the end of a process, but just the beginning.

“We believe it is truly bringing the LEGO experience to games in a way we’ve never done before,” says Cephas, whose personal wish is to see the games continue to evolve in the hands of everyone who buys them. “I am just trying to give them a solid starting point. Designing, refining and experimenting with games should be every bit as much fun as playing them.” And from everything Cephas has told me, it sounds as if he has indeed had a great deal of fun. Lucky him!

As for LEGO the die may now be well and truly cast, but given the care and creativity with which these games have been designed success seems assured; luck, I think, won’t come into it.

(There are images on the website)

LEGO Board Games: Interview with Cephas Howard

-end of report-

Subject:
LEGO Pirate "Battleship"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 2009 14:31:14 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I had been working on a project for MegaCon... I’ve had the idea to do a table-sized version of “Battleship”. I wanted it to be sort of microscale, but at the same time, I wanted a player’s board to be half a table. As I was building the boards, I included islands and with the redish-brown border, it started to look like a treasure map. During one of our planning meetings for MegaCon, Simon suggested doing a pirate themed version of Battleship.

Since a 1x4 (squares) ship would look too big, I decided to do 2 2x2 (squares) fortresses and the largest should would be around a 1x3 (squares). There were also 2 1x1 (squares) boats... to be honest, the game could have used another 1x3 (squares) ship, but I was crunched for time.

The 2x2 round bricks indicated hits or misses by your opponent (on the main board), the 1x1 bricks and 1/4 baseplate was used to track your shots... next time I think I’d build the 1/4 baseplate into the main board & not have it as a separate score sheet.

For the most part, the game was functional, but took a little longer to find those last 2 1x2 boats. Had to use the Medieval Market Village box as a screen between the two sides (didn’t have time to build one out of LEGO). And many of the kids who sat down to play didn’t understand the rules, or didn’t have the attention-span to play. But for the most part, people liked the idea and it was fun to play despite all the craziness going on all around us.

Enjoy,
--Mike.

Subject:
Modular LUDO board game. 2+ persons
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.games
Date:
Mon, 10 Nov 2008 14:04:53 GMT

Hi all,

this is my first MOC announcement. Here you have a modular LUDO game. Currently
I made versions for 2 to a maximum of 10 persons - of course can be easily
extendable.

Example:

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=351430<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/miskox/MODULAR-LUDO/09_modular_ludo.png>>

Folder when moderated:

All files in folder until moderated:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/miskox/MODULAR-LUDO/02_modular_ludo.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/miskox/MODULAR-LUDO/03_modular_ludo.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/miskox/MODULAR-LUDO/04_modular_ludo.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/miskox/MODULAR-LUDO/05_modular_ludo.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/miskox/MODULAR-LUDO/06_modular_ludo.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/miskox/MODULAR-LUDO/06_modular_ludo_2.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/miskox/MODULAR-LUDO/07_modular_ludo.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/miskox/MODULAR-LUDO/08_modular_ludo.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/miskox/MODULAR-LUDO/08_modular_ludo_2.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/miskox/MODULAR-LUDO/09_modular_ludo.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/miskox/MODULAR-LUDO/10_modular_ludo.png
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/miskox/MODULAR-LUDO/10_modular_ludo_2.png

Thanks,
Saso

new moc: backgammon game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.games, lugnet.fun
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2008 21:24:35 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

   trying to get back into building mode, i put together a game from my past. i don’t remember how to play it, despite the hours spent playing it while procrastinating during university. i’ll dig out the rules and try it out.

the case is double built, with a fairly stable hinge set-up, once again assisted by fellow lug member jason allemann, but the handle is less substantial. forsaking holding power for looks, it can be lifted by the handle for a brief second or two.

   the die are not lego-built, they are from the actual backgammon game i own, making the colour choices all too obvious. while only 15 stones are needed for each opponent, i included 16 of each because one is bound to lose a stone or two along the way.

the game is on! enjoy.

-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-

Re: LEGO Batman video game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2007 06:56:22 GMT

In lugnet.general, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   Looks like the Dark Knight will be the next LEGO video game from TT Games, according to this article I just ran across. Speculation was the next game would be Indiana Jones, but apparently not. I’m looking forward to Batman - should be fun, given the quality of the company’s other games, including LEGO Star Wars (I and II) and Bionicle Heroes.

More info here.

ROSCO

Subject:
Awwwwww, nuts! I'm in need of help...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games.lego.island, lugnet.games, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2007 04:54:48 GMT

...with LEGO Island the game. (I’ll pass on the comments that I need help personally. That’s another post in another place.) This is not to be confused with LEGO Island 2, or LEGO Island Extreme stunts.

Specifically, I need a set of directions on how to play the game. I have a disc, rescued from oblivion, but with no ideas on how to move I am slowly thinking of returning the disc to a fate worse than death. (Well, okay. I’ll keep it as a curiosity, if nothing else.)

If anyone out there can lend a hand, please post here and I’ll contact you.

Play Well and Prosper!

Matthew

Subject:
LEGO Star Wars II "Santa" cheat
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.general, lugnet.games
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2006 17:14:05 GMT

Welcome to the LEGO Star Wars II “Christmas Hack”!

Play LEGO Star Wars II in “Santa” mode with these cheat codes:

Santa Hat and red clothes: CL4U5H
White beard: TYH319

(Click for gallery when moderated)

From the publisher:
“Happy Christmas from TT Games. To all the fans of LEGO Star Wars II, here is a seasonal gift to bring some of the holiday spirit to your Christmas gaming!”

Subject:
Exo-Dice strategic game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 07:47:35 GMT

Hello all.

I would like to introduce you to my strategic game for the Exo-Force line.

The game includes stat templates for the Battlemachines, full set of rules, game
demo and the web-site includes a small MOC page. The game is free-ware.

Check it out: http://www.123hjemmeside.dk/EXO-DICE

Enjoy.

Regards

Exo-Champ

New puzzle game: Zeami's Birthday
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.basic, lugnet.games, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 2006 05:19:35 GMT

Zeami's Birthday is a freeware for Windows 98 or superior.

In a world of ashes, Zeami struggles to gather pieces of what used to be her
past life.
The gameplay is essentially a Sokoban-like where you have to assemble lego
bricks.

Game controls:

Arrows: Move Zeami
F4: Windowed/Fullscreen
M: Music on/off
R: Restart level
Esc: Quit game

The site home-page: http://perso.orange.fr/alphablock/

The game home-page:
http://perso.orange.fr/alphablock/pages/zeami_birthday_eng.html

- damien

Re: LEGO Star Wars II has gone platinum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:30:52 GMT

In lugnet.games, Kelly McKiernan wrote:

   this one is certainly worth it.

Especially the bits like Luke’s new hand jumping around with a mind of its own during a cut scene. My son and I have been enjoying it quite a bit (gameplay and humor). We haven’t “finished” the storyline yet, and it’s clear that the free-play option will present a lot more interesting aspects.

-- Brian Davis

Re: LEGO Star Wars II has gone platinum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:50:30 GMT

In lugnet.games, Jordan Bradford wrote:
   Here’s a GameSpot article about it, too:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6158093.html

Yes, and it’s well-deserved... I got it the day it came out, and have spent an inordinate number of hours with a PS2 controller in hand. I don’t play a ton of video games these days (due to my addictive nature), but this one is certainly worth it.

Kelly

Re: LEGO Star Wars II has gone platinum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.games
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 00:18:38 GMT

Here’s a GameSpot article about it, too:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6158093.html

Subject:
LEGO Star Wars II has gone platinum
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.lego, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.games, lugnet.gaming
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 2006 00:16:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

According to TheForce.Net, LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy has sold 1.1 million copies in less than two weeks.

http://www.theforce.net/topstory/story/LEGO_Star_Wars_II_The_Original_Trilogy_A_Huge_Hit_100292.asp

Granted, this is the combined sales of the game for all platforms including the GameBoy Advance, but it’s still an amazing accomplishment for a LEGO video game.

Subject:
LEGO Batman video game
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.games
Date:
Fri, 8 Sep 2006 15:19:55 GMT

Looks like the Dark Knight will be the next LEGO video game from TT Games, according to this article I just ran across. Speculation was the next game would be Indiana Jones, but apparently not. I’m looking forward to Batman - should be fun, given the quality of the company’s other games, including LEGO Star Wars (I and II) and Bionicle Heroes.

Kelly

Subject:
BrickSpace Preview Release!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.games, lugnet.mediawatch
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 2006 20:32:29 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

A game modification for Homeworld 2, BrickSpace lets you fight as the Classic Space, Blacktron, or Ice Planet fleet. The Preview Release lets you select any of the three fleets and gives you a selection of ships to play around with. Enemy AI is currently not implemented, though they put up quite a fight when attacked! Make sure to check out Adrian Drake’s Tribunal, a glimpse of what’s to come in BrickSpace’s future!

http://www.brickspace.net/files/brickspace_two.zip

-Stefan-

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact