 MediaWatch / 2720
2719  |  2721
Subject:
TT Games Re-Ups With LEGO, Extends Deal To 2016
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.general, lugnet.games
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2010 00:32:18 GMT

TT Games Re-Ups With LEGO®, Extends Deal To 2016

March 3, 2010

Warner Bros. Home Entertainment has re-upped its deal with toy brick-maker LEGO Systems, ensuring that WB’s TT Games can continue developing titles based on the LEGO property until 2016.

TT Games, the group comprised of developer Traveller’s Tales, TT Fusion and TT Games Publishing, has spearheaded games like LEGO Star Wars, LEGO Batman and LEGO Indiana Jones --a portfolio WB says has sold nearly 50 million units worldwide.

The next title under the ongoing partnership, LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 is set to launch this year, featuring the adventures of the popular wizard and his classmates visualized in LEGO toy form.

“We are very fortunate to have the opportunity to continue the successful partnership between this legendary company and the talented TT Games, which will enable us to further expand our slate of widely recognized, family-friendly games,” says Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group president Kevin Tsujihara.

LEGO Digital VP Henrik Lorensen praised the video games for inspiring kids to play creatively with their physical LEGO bricks “more deeply.”

“We are very excited to continue to work with TT Games because they take a distinctive approach to making games creative, social and non-violent, which makes them a valuable part of the broader LEGO experience,” says Lorensen

Gamasutra.com

-end of report-