 Fun / Gaming / 59
58  |  60
Subject:
A BrikWars question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 18:58:26 GMT

All you BrikWars guys.  Particularly, Mike Rayhawk.

  I am preparing to field a Medieval army and I have some suggestions
for changes.  Looking at the charts for hand-held missile weapons, the
range for bows seems too short.

  There are three major types of bows in pre-gunpowder combat.  I'd
suggest the following changes.

    Cross Bow: 1UR when used one-handed
    Short Bow: 6" range
    Long Bow: 12" range, 1d6 damage, 1CP, 1UR, TL2

  LBows would need to be distinguished from SBows.  Add a piece, like
rifles.

  I think this would reflect what a LBow can really do.  My biggest
problem with the current system is that a bow can only be used when a
melee opponent is one turn distant.  A long bow is very effective at
50-300 feet.  A line of archers should have two flights off before a
charging footmen can reach them.  A mounted charge should be a race
whether the second shot can be fired.

  I think these changes would reflect that.  BTW, assuming the SBow as
a base bow, the LBow would be SBow w/ +1TL(-1CP), +6"(+1.5CP), +1UR (-
1CP), +1 damage(+0.5CP) = 1 - 1 + 1.5 - 1 + 0.5 = 1CP.

  Thoughts?

  On a seperate note, but related, I can't find the rules for
acceleration.  I see references to them.  I see a way to ignore them.
I can't find the actual rules.  Is this a subtle way to suggest they
should be ignored?  <voice style="pitiful, squeaky"> help </voice>.

  I also have some thoughts on spears and lances.  But I need to work
those out in my head.