 Gaming / 63
Re: A BrikWars question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.gaming
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 19:04:42 GMT

mjr22@cornell.edu (Mike Rayhawk) wrote in <Fsx159.Kq0@lugnet.com>:
These are all good ideas.  I think we might actually add a TL4
combination bow, in case anybody wants to field Rambo or some TL4
Ninjas or something.
  I feel like I ought to offer some stats suggestions.  but, I just
don't knwo that much about compound bows.

CP values aren't really supposed to reflect expense of building, but
general battlefield value.  But if you want to talk about cost of
construction, it takes a lot longer to train a longbowman than a
shortbowman, due to the upper- body strength needed and accuracy at
longer ranges.
  Hmm.  A higher UR seems more appropriate to me.  But I'm not sure.

I've copied all of this over into the revision plan and we'll
probably make a lot of these changes for the next update.
  Glad to help.

be able to put static figures in the charts.  Accel/Decel will get
its own chapter subsection though so it should be more visible.
  Cool.

[setting a spear vs a charge]
Straight out of Braveheart, right?
  Don't know.  Never seen the whole movie.  More from SCA and similar
fighting, RPGs and fiction novels set in the time period.

  It was a common practice against horsemen and when hunting.  A
sufficiently brave hunter could take down a stag or boar like this
single-handedly.  However, if you miss, you're dead.

it.  The only question is whether the charging units would get a
roll to try and dodge.  I guess the rider would make a Piloting roll
with a UR of 3 to try and brake or turn sharply, failure meaning he
runs straight into the spear or his horse turns too sharply and
falls over sideways onto the spear.
  Maybe just a modifier to the armor roll.  Probably should account for
the steeds dexterity and the riders skill.

What's funny is, all the cheat sheets exist in bw98, and we're
planning on doing the same thing for bw2k,
  See.  That's what I get for upgrading too quickly.  :-)

but this tutorial thing
we hadn't thought of. It's a great idea though, I'll see if I can't
put one together to stick in one of the appendixes somewhere,
sometime in May.
  Great.  I'll try to provide some info from our battle, if you'd like.
At least, I should be able to provide some pics of a TL3 force and the
stats for them.