 Fun / 1550 (-40)
  Dirty Brickster at BrickCon 2009

BrickCon 2009 will again have a Dirty Brickster on Saturday night. If you want to participate, you have to think ahead to wrap and bring something. If you've done it before: worth $10+ to an AFOL. No junk. Please wrap ahead of time. If you've never (...) (15 years ago, 21-Sep-09, to lugnet.events.nwbrickcon, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.fun) !

  LEGO® CLICKAwards 2009

NEW YORK, Aug. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- In honor of National Inventors' Month, LEGO Systems Inc. launches its LEGO® CLICK! Awards, an essay contest for children ages 6 to 13. In addition, the Smithsonian Institution's Lemelson Center for the Study of (...) (15 years ago, 5-Aug-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.fun, FTX)

  The Secret Underground World of LEGO (video)

For LEGO fans around the world and who might be in the "Dark Ages". On YouTube there is a pretty funny video by 'Ignite'. Talks about how the LEGO hobby and fans. Areas such as LDraw, LDD, Brickarms, BrickLink, LEGO movies, LEGO Mindstorms and other (...) (15 years ago, 9-Jun-09, to lugnet.general, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.fun, FTX) !

  new moc: backgammon game

(URL) trying to get back into building mode, i put together a game from my past. i don't remember how to play it, despite the hours spent playing it while procrastinating during university. i'll dig out the rules and try it out. the case is double (...) (16 years ago, 5-Oct-08, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build, lugnet.games, lugnet.fun, FTX) !

  Sharks With Frickin' Laser Beams Attached to Their Heads

Found this on Brickset this morning. Now we all can have "sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads" just like Dr. Evil. Of all the things I never thought I would see recreated in LEGO. This is awesome. :-) (URL) Sharks w/ Frickin' (...) (16 years ago, 31-May-08, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  LEGO to include EULA contracts in future sets

In order to further protect its renowed brand, the LEGO company will start selling its sets under the cover of an End-User License Agreement. (URL) the full article here> (URL) translation - traduction en français> Jean-Marc (Quite frankly, I was (...) (16 years ago, 2-Apr-08, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  A Match Made in Heaven

You don't see many minifigs that come wearing a Dark Tan outfit. In fact I can only think of 2...and what a pair they make! (URL) Aunt May and Henry Jones I> Neither the minifigs nor the house in the background are MOCs, so I can't take any building (...) (16 years ago, 18-Mar-08, to lugnet.build.minifigs, lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: Brick Testament image used on LEGO.com?!

(...) Do you have any video of the Brick Testament. I am looking for videos for the museum. www.brickmuseum.net Maybe something with a little less foreskin?? Dan (16 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: Brick Testament image used on LEGO.com?!

(...) I would love to see a copy of that letter. I am having my problems with them as well. Do you still have a copy I could get?? Dan (16 years ago, 11-Mar-08, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: Brick Testament image used on LEGO.com?!

(...) Heh. That's even worse than the image of an actual Playboy pinup that can be found on the box of a particular Hasbro Star Wars collectible. Seems that way back when Star Wars was first filmed, the model makers had a slightly ribald sense of (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jan-08, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: Brick Testament image used on LEGO.com?!

(...) That's...really odd. I know I'm not alone in this, but they actually sent me a display item several years ago (the 6' tall cardboard Tahu standee). I've also had a local LEGO rep offer to hook me up with one of the gigantic "lifesize" Pakari (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jan-08, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Horoscopes Februari 2008

(URL) english> (URL) français> Enjoy, Jean-Marc (16 years ago, 2-Feb-08, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: Brick Testament image used on LEGO.com?!

(...) Thanks, Steve. I'll reply to your private e-mail momentarily. Best, -Brendan (16 years ago, 30-Jan-08, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: Brick Testament image used on LEGO.com?!

I will get this fixed. Steve (16 years ago, 30-Jan-08, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: Brick Testament image used on LEGO.com?!

(...) A long time ago, in a different far far away galaxy, I had a run in with the Lego legal department. I was buying an old store model on ebay and got an e-mail from one of their lawyers. She said Lego wanted the model back that I was high bidder (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jan-08, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: Brick Testament image used on LEGO.com?!

(...) That is quite possible I think. There was a pre-promotional image of an EXO-Force model with a prominent "XFORSKN" sticker on its groin (my copy is lost unfortunately) and, more recently Star Wars had (URL) this great promotion> on a mock up. (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jan-08, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Brick Testament image used on LEGO.com?!

Warning: this post contains language concerning and links to LEGO depictions of materials that some may consider offensive and/or inappropriate for children. A fan of (URL) The Brick Testament> alerted me via e-mail last night to the apparent use of (...) (16 years ago, 30-Jan-08, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.fun, FTX) !!

  Horoscopes, or lack thereof

For those of you (I'm not even sure that's a plural) who wondered why there has been no horoscopes recently, here's why: (URL) English> (URL) Français> (URL) het Nederlands> Best wishes for 2008, Jean-Marc (16 years ago, 10-Jan-08, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Hidden batties

If you haven't ever taken a close look at the Scarecrow pumpkin bombs from the Bat-copter set, I suggest really examining the mouth: (URL) (16 years ago, 6-Jan-08, to lugnet.licensed.batman, lugnet.fun)

  Re: Horoscopes - November 2007

(...) I didn't. The stars know everything, though; I'm but their messenger! (17 years ago, 1-Nov-07, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: Horoscopes - November 2007

(...) What I want to know is how in the world you knew that I was a Gemini? Tommy Armstrong The Brickengraver www.brickengraver.com (17 years ago, 1-Nov-07, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Horoscopes - November 2007

(URL) English> (URL) Français> (URL) het Nederlands> Enjoy, Jean-Marc (17 years ago, 1-Nov-07, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Horoscopes - October 2007

(URL) English> (URL) Français> (URL) het Nederlands> Enjoy, Jean-Marc (17 years ago, 2-Oct-07, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Top 11 signs you have too many LEGO bricks

(URL) 11 signs you have too many LEGO bricks> It should come as no surprise I'm a big fan of BBspot; I won't deny I got the idea of LEGO horoscopes from there to start with. I'm also glad to notice Brian did use the LEGO word properly each time... I (...) (17 years ago, 11-Sep-07, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: lugnet.fun

Well, I guess being cornered for hours by so many LDraw gurus during the summer prompted me to exert some kind of revenge :-) But of course any Lugnet thread counting more than 20 messages is always worth investigating... Jean-Marc (17 years ago, 11-Sep-07, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.cad)

  Re: lugnet.fun

(...) "Hollywood will help you settle the question ..." without a shadow of doubt I won't help 'cos I'm miserable in maths ;-))))) w. aka Holly Wood ps. Go to "Libra". Do not pass Go, Do not collect 200$ (17 years ago, 7-Sep-07, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.cad)

  Re: lugnet.fun

(...) I see you are a regular visitor of lugnet.cad ;o) Philo (17 years ago, 5-Sep-07, to lugnet.fun, lugnet.cad, FTX)

  September horoscopes (was: Re: lugnet.fun)

Okaaayy... so the "Subject" field is where the subject goes... right... I'll try to keep that in mind next time... Sorry for the mess (I forgot again to actually post in lugnet.fun in addition or setting the fut there...), Jean-Marc (17 years ago, 3-Sep-07, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Horoscopes - August 2007

(3 URLs) Enjoy, Jean-Marc (17 years ago, 1-Aug-07, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.fun, FTX)

  BrickWorld Highlights

As many others have said already on LUGNET, BrickWorld was a fantastic event! All of us coordinators were blown away by the attendance at this very first year for BrickWorld. Here are some event highlights that I really enjoyed: • Watching a new (...) (17 years ago, 28-Jun-07, to lugnet.events.brickworld, lugnet.fun, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Horoscopes - june 2007

(...) Actually, no it isn't, I've been busy with this for a few months now :-) But anyway, glad you like it! Jean-Marc (17 years ago, 2-Jun-07, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Horoscopes - june 2007

(...) LOL!!! Warped doesn't begin to describe the sense of humor here...but it's a great start! Play Well and Prosper anyway, Matthew "The Brick Detective" (17 years ago, 2-Jun-07, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Re: LEGO Horoscopes - june 2007

(...) Jean-Marc, You have a warped sense of humor. LOL Clifton (17 years ago, 1-Jun-07, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Brick Testament in Bratislava report; Amsterdam balloon launch

Hi, all. Back from Europe and the LEGO gallery show in Bratislava, Slovakia, was great fun. I hope to have a full write-up of my experiences there in an upcoming issue of BrickJournal, but if you're curious, there are some photos from the event (...) (17 years ago, 18-May-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.fun, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Re: Minifigs On Tour!

(...) Although "Missy" has been very silent the past couple of months. LEE (17 years ago, 5-May-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Minifigs On Tour!

(...) There's also (URL) "Missy"> ROSCO (17 years ago, 4-May-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Re: Minifigs On Tour!

(...) Well, I don't rememebr minifigs ever doing a virtual tor, but at least 2 sets have done an actual tour. Do a search on "Colin" and "Wanda" and look for messages in 2000. Also search for "Brad" and "tour" Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (17 years ago, 4-May-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  LEGO Horoscopes - may 2007

(URL) english> (URL) français> (URL) het nederlands> Enjoy, Jean-Marc. (17 years ago, 2-May-07, to lugnet.fun, FTX)

  Minifigs On Tour!

At Brickfest 2007, someone asked me if I had knew where to find pictures of Minifigs that had made the ascent to the top of Mt. Everest. I told that person to do a search online for it; I hadn’t heard of such a thing. However, that gave me an idea…a (...) (17 years ago, 1-May-07, to lugnet.general, lugnet.fun, lugnet.build.minifigs, FTX)

  Brick Testament and Little Artists exhibit in Bratislava, Slovakia starting 18 April 2007

I'm off to Europe! The (URL) SPACE gallery> in Bratislava, Slovakia will be featuring artwork from (URL) The Brick Testament> in a new exhibit on the use of LEGO in contemporary art (17 May through 10 June, 2007). And better yet, they have (...) (17 years ago, 15-Apr-07, to lugnet.events, lugnet.build.ancient, lugnet.fun, lugnet.people, FTX) !!

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact