 Fun / 1541
Re: Brick Testament image used on LEGO.com?!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun
Date:
Wed, 30 Jan 2008 09:16:59 GMT

In lugnet.fun, Timothy Gould wrote:

   1. It was a prank. A LEGO.com web designer was seeing what she could get away with.

That is quite possible I think. There was a pre-promotional image of an EXO-Force model with a prominent “XFORSKN” sticker on its groin (my copy is lost unfortunately) and, more recently Star Wars had this great promotion on a mock up. Possibly the version of the site that was seen was never meant to go live.

Heh. That’s even worse than the image of an actual Playboy pinup that can be found on the box of a particular Hasbro Star Wars collectible. Seems that way back when Star Wars was first filmed, the model makers had a slightly ribald sense of humor, so they shrunk down a centerfold pinup and stuck it on the back wall of the bridge of the Tantive IV. When Hasbro released a very short-lived Collector’s Series of large starships, the photo they put on the box gives a clear view of that pinup poster, though it’s only large enough that you can identify it for what it is.