 Events / BrickWorld / 46
Re: BrickFest 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickworld
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:37:35 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickworld, Will Chapman wrote:

The cost seems very minor in regards to everything that is offered! Where else could you spend 4 days straight building/playing/talking about Lego for only $15 per day? And, to get together to meet and talk to some of the *best* AFOL modelers in the country? Priceless!

Your point about the price per day is well taken. The last fest I was able to attend was 2.5 days, with the first half-day being mostly set-up.

And the venue for BrickWorld sounds like it will be the best of any any of the cons we have seen in the states in recent years with plenty of room in a new hotel.

This is true. The move to hotel/convention center for fests is an excellent one.

Having never attended a national convention - which I consider BrickWorld to be - I am looking forward to meeting the “rest of you from the East Coast” that I have only had the chance to get to know through email and by reading your posts on Lugnet.

A lot of you don’t realize that the PUBLIC wants to meet you, too, and put a face to the name on the creations that they see on Lugnet, BrickShelf, Flickr, and everywhere else. You guys are celebrities in your own right, and although some of you may shun the spotlight, there are others that love to see their creations admired and inspiring the “next generation” of AFOLs.

Ah, see this is the part that just doesn’t get me excited. For all that I have been in both theatre and a LEGO spokesperson, I really don’t like being in the spotlight of the general public. Go figure. And I have a general dislike for large crowds. I acknowledge that these are my own issues, and recognize that others may enjoy pleasing the crowd with a great display!

We *need* more shows like this to keep the Lego alive and kicking in the mindshare of the kids and adults alike.

I’m totally jazzed abour BrickWorld, and look forward to being a part of it.

---Will Chapman BrickArms LLC

I’m glad there will be a fest near you, and you’ll be able to attend. My family is making attending a fest higher priority this year, since I’m in No-AFOL-Land, and BrickWorld and NWBrickCon are the two contenders. Time and money will tell......

Aaron