 Events / BrickFest / 3842
Re: BrickFest 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:47:02 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

At 06:23 PM 1/10/07, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
In lugnet.events.brickfest, Abner Finley wrote:
Just to be sure...

[BrickFest PDX 2007] (Portland, OR) is still a go, it is ['not'] cancelled.

However, BrickFest 2007 (Wash. DC. area) as if right I don't know.

Knowing it can be confusing with mentioning two BrickFest events • in the same
year.  There is a difference [BrickFest PDX 2007] and [BrickFest 2007] a
small one.

BrickFest = BrickFest... Since there will only be one BrickFest event in 2007,
"BrickFest PDX '07" is the same as "BrickFest 2007". Hope this clears up the
confusion.

p.s. If BrickFest 2007 happens...might as well add [BrickFest DCA 2007] or
[BrickFest IAD 2007].  ;-)

<<http://news.lugnet.com/events/brickfest/?n=3833 See Christina's
earlier post>http://news.lugnet.com/events/brickfest/?n=3833 See
Christina's earlier post
regarding a Summer 2007 event.>

{Kelly}

Kelly,

I think the confusion is from the fact that the BrickFest event in
Portland has always been "BrickFest PDX", while the event in DC has
just been "BrickFest".

For a couple years, there have been two events carrying the BrickFest
name.  This year there will only be one, and there will not be one in
DC, as there has for the last several years.

As was stated very early on, BrickWorld was not intended to replace
BrickFest...
http://news.lugnet.com/events/brickworld/?n=10

It was only intended to bring an adult LEGO event closer to people in
the midwest.

Now that BrickFest in DC has been canceled, maybe Brickworld will
grow into a big summer event, but it was NEVER intended as a replacement.

Steve