 Events / BrickFest / 3852
Re: BrickFest 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2007 15:16:44 GMT

"...I do not have the sufficient resources to pull the summer BrickFest event
together in a way I would be happy about..."

I don't understand why you shot this down so completely?

First, let me say that I am personally disappointed, so my post may sound
unusually frustrated.  I don't think I can spend the money to travel to a
distant event when there was one right here in my backyard.  So I'm losing out.

But I am curious, why did your post so completely kill BrickFest 2007?  It
sounds like you could not muster it up, but perhaps someone else could.  No?
Why not post something like, "Hey guys, I can't make this happen.  Does anyone
else care to try?"  But in one swift move you shot the horse dead, and I really
don't understand it.

Now I'm not volunteering at all.  I don't want the task and I'm not offering to
do it.  But I'm sure *somebody* else could do it.

Can't find a venue?  Last I heard, the same Sheraton Premier hotel in Tyson's
was thrilled to have us back, and even offered all convention space for *FREE*
if we simply filled the same number of beds.  Christina, you told me that
yourself over dinner.  It doesn't sound impossible to find a venue.  There's
another place in Rockville that would love to have us, albeit far smaller than
last year (about 14,000 sq ft if I recall) -- and they're on the Metro line
(something I was rooting for -- for the sake of out-of-towners).

I am confident that I am not the only person who feels this way.  I'm sure there
are many other AFOLs who won't be traveling halfway across the country to attend
an event.

Instead of reading Christina's post as a eulogy, perhaps we should all read it
as a passing of the torch?  Would anybody else care to take a shot?  I'm sure
the Sheraton Premier in Tyson's would be happy to hear from you.

Todd