 Events / BrickFest / 3836
Re: BrickFest 2007
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 22:59:52 GMT

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
   At 03:18 PM 1/9/07, Christina Hitchcock wrote:
   I’ve had long talks with both family and friends, and have had to make some tough choices about the BrickFest schedule for 2007. Unfortunately, I can’t say the same for BrickFest in the summer. I do not have the sufficient resources to pull the summer BrickFest event together in a way I would be happy about. ... so that everyone goes home with a sense of fulfillment, but I nevertheless think it can’t be achieved this year.

So, are you saying there will not be a BrickFest in DC in 2007? (or elsewhere on the east coast)

Sorry to hear that.

So, it sounds like a good time to have an event in Chicago...

Steve

I have been concerned that I can only afford to attend one LEGO event each year and was going to have to choose between BrickFest (the largest, best-known event) or the new BrickWorld (which is much closer to my home and more convenient for me to bring lots of stuff). If BrickFest in D.C. won’t happen this year I won’t have to choose (good) but it is also unfortunate the East Coast misses out (bad). OTOH with BrickFest PDX the event is still around, but on the West Coast.

This reminds me of the discussion we had regarding the ideal BrickFest location. It will be interesting to see what happens.