 Events / BrickFest / 3833
  BrickFest 2007

a side and personal note to the community/those of you who know me: After BrickFest 2006 I was energized and encouraged by others to get back to work and refocus the event on the fans. Bigger does not mean better. Micro MOC's are a great example of (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest) !!

  Re: BrickFest 2007

(...) ... (...) So, are you saying there will not be a BrickFest in DC in 2007? (or elsewhere on the east coast) Sorry to hear that. So, it sounds like a good time to have an event in Chicago... Steve (17 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2007

(...) Somewhat sad, but understandable. And I definitely think that BrickFest is better off being a 'GREAT' event than being a 'YEARLY' event. Time to start planning for 2008! I am especially glad to hear of the one-day public expo. Personally, I (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2007

(...) I have been concerned that I can only afford to attend one LEGO event each year and was going to have to choose between BrickFest (the largest, best-known event) or the new BrickWorld (which is much closer to my home and more convenient for me (...) (17 years ago, 9-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2007

Just to be sure... BrickFest PDX 2007 (Portland, OR) is still a go, it is 'not' cancelled. However, BrickFest 2007 (Wash. DC. area) as if right I don't know. Knowing it can be confusing with mentioning two BrickFest events in the same year. There is (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2007

(...) BrickFest = BrickFest... Since there will only be one BrickFest event in 2007, "BrickFest PDX '07" is the same as "BrickFest 2007". Hope this clears up the confusion. (...) (URL) See Christina's earlier post regarding a Summer 2007 event.> (...) (17 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2007

(...) I am just wondering if the sudden emergence of another event (BrickWorld) in close temporal proximity to the usual BrickFest time had anything to do with Christina's decision. JOHN (17 years ago, 10-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest, FTX)

  Re: BrickFest 2007

In lugnet.events.brickfest, Christina Hitchcock wrote: Snipped Christina (and Kelly and Steve) best of luck with BrickFest this March. I bet its going to be amazing, and I hope that even with all the work and planning and endless details, that the (...) (17 years ago, 11-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2007

(...) ditto, best wishes for brickfest pdx! Wish I could be there. Cheers- Cyndi (17 years ago, 11-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2007

(...) Just for you: (URL) (17 years ago, 12-Jan-07, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: BrickFest 2007

"...I do not have the sufficient resources to pull the summer BrickFest event together in a way I would be happy about..." I don't understand why you shot this down so completely? First, let me say that I am personally disappointed, so my post may (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest)

  Re: BrickFest 2007

(...) In the past, having watched Christina and Kevin Loch, and all the many others dedicated to planning events, it seemed clear to me that the huge, megaconventions like BF, take much more than 6 months to plan. I think she is stating that no one (...) (17 years ago, 14-Jan-07, to lugnet.events.brickfest)