 Events / BrickFest / 137
Re: BrickFest Update 5/29
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Wed, 30 May 2001 01:32:05 GMT

Christina Hitchcock wrote:
The second floor will have the historical set display and some of the MOC's as
well as the meeting rooms for the different discussions.  (We are currently
gathering a list of sets for this.  If you plan to bring an old set, email me
so that I can make sure we don't have to many duplicates.)

I have a 590 Engine Co. 9, complete with box, instructions, and sticker
sheet with only one sticker used which I would like to bring. I also
have a 588 Police Station to bring. If we want to see how many Yellow
Castles we can collect in one place, I'd be happy to bring mine. I do
also have some classic space sets if there would be interest (primary
would be 924 and 6971). I can also bring old idea books and many of the
various books (8890, 250, 200, 8891, 6000, 226, 697, 260, The Gate of
the Present, The Ultimate LEGO Book, 50 Years of Play, The World of LEGO
Toys, Jim Spaceborn - The Unknown Galaxy). I can also bring old
catalogs, and old Mania magazines. Another item of interest would be
6086 with both a "Dungeon Master's Castle" and "Black Knight's Castle"
boxes.

For the Pirate room, I will bring as many of the ships as possible, and
perhaps some of the other sets. I will also display my Pirate comics.

For the train room, I will probably bring some 12V train stuff, and
possibly some 4.5V, plus of course my MOCs.

Of course I'm happy to defer any or all of this to others to make room
for more Pirate ships (if there are some folks who can definitely bring
some of the larger pirate ships, that would be really cool because then
I can concentrate on the smaller ships which will be mostly what we use
in the game). I'll be happy to coordinate display items for the Pirate
room (we will set up a table or two at the edge for displays), and of
course welcome any loaners for the game (if you will be building MOCs,
please contact me or look through the discussions from last year for
information on things like how many cannon to provide for).

Brick Wars can be held in what last year was the Castle room and Evil Steve's
Pirate game can be held in what was the brick room.

Great, that room will be at least as much area as we had last year, and
will be lockable, yet still fairly central.

I'm really looking forward to meeting all the friendly and interesting people
that I have been getting email from.

And.. Really all this planning is fun :-)

Sounds great.

Frank