 Events / BrickFest / 136

Subject:
BrickFest Update 5/29
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.announce, lugnet.build, lugnet.fun.community
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 23:29:43 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

NEWS:  A master builder from LEGO Shows & Events group will be attending
BrickFest.

For those of you that attended last year we have planned a completely different
layout.  I'll be putting the floor maps up as soon as they are finished.  Last
year we did not use the second and third floors because they where being
renovated.  This year we will have events on every floor. Unfortunately,
classes will still be in session. However, I'm sure everyone will be respectful
of this.

I've been sent a lot of great ideas for events and the BrickFest committee
members are going to have a hard time deciding what things go where.

Current Plan:
The giant brick play area will be on the third floor along with the huge
train/town layout.

The second floor will have the historical set display and some of the MOC's as
well as the meeting rooms for the different discussions.  (We are currently
gathering a list of sets for this.  If you plan to bring an old set, email me
so that I can make sure we don't have to many duplicates.)

Brick Wars can be held in what last year was the Castle room and Evil Steve's
Pirate game can be held in what was the brick room.

I'm really looking forward to meeting all the friendly and interesting people
that I have been getting email from.

And.. Really all this planning is fun :-)

Christina Hitchcock
wamalug

www.brickfest.com

Re: BrickFest Update 5/29