 Dacta / 269
Re: ControlLab 70909 Interface (9751?) VB.NET Class (DLL)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dacta
Date:
Sun, 10 Jan 2010 23:51:27 GMT

In lugnet.dacta, Jetro de Chateau wrote:

That sounds very promising! I have absolutely no idea about VB. My idea was to
build something for a display at a LUG event which would require the interface
to be connected to a laptop. Unfortunately, the only laptop I have that has a
serial port (the other 'big' problem of the interface) runs windows 98 and
cannot run XP - Will that be a problem?
Otherwise, do you think your VB application will work over a USB-Serial
converter? (robolab doesn't - I've tried half a dozen different adapters).

Jetro

I have not had any problems using the CLI with a Startech USB-Serial converter
on my laptop (running WinXP). I have also used the converter successfully with
Robolab 2.5.4 and 2.9.

http://www.startech.com/item/ICUSB232-USB-to-RS232-DB9-Serial-Adapter-Cable-Male-to-Male-Serial-Adapter-USB-to-Serial.aspx

Brian