 Clikits / (-20)
Subject:
It's a Girl!!(Podagon) and a Beast
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.castle, lugnet.clikits, lugnet.scala
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2006 17:03:17 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello everyone-

Well had to be done- Here’s Phergy-She’s a new Podagon with a love of bling, excess, treasure and knights with shiny suits of armor!

Please check her out and let me know what you think?

I’ve also been expirementing with teeth-NASHER will get ya!

feedback would be great!

long live the Brick!

Megan

Re: No more Clikits?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.clikits, lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:50:36 GMT

In lugnet.clikits, Thomas Garrison wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006, Suz wrote:

I noticed that Clikits sets have completely disappeared from the shop.lego.com
website* (U.S. view) and from my local LEGO Retail store. Then I checked a paper
catalog and saw they're not there either. Is this the end?

My understanding is that TRU refuses to carry Clikits anymore, and with
TLG's major US distribution channel gone there will be no more Clikits in
the US.

The UK, on the other hand, has been getting exclusive sets for years, so
Clikits may be continuing there. . .

I've read in the Annual Report from TLC (http://www.lego.com/info/pdf/annualreport2005UK.pdf   -   page 8 of the document, page 10 in the pdf reader) :

"...the Group will not launch any new Clikits products after 2006".

This may explain why they have disappeared from US lego shop.

Didier

Re: No more Clikits?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.clikits, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2006 21:33:46 GMT

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.morfydd.net/twsg/

Subject:
No more Clikits?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.clikits, lugnet.lego
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 2006 03:14:49 GMT

I noticed that Clikits sets have completely disappeared from the shop.lego.com
website* (U.S. view) and from my local LEGO Retail store. Then I checked a paper
catalog and saw they're not there either. Is this the end?

-Suz

* with the exception of an advent calendar on clearance.

new moc: clikits sculpture
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.clikits
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 2006 21:59:56 GMT

what do you do with a small amount of clikits? you borrow more from your friend and make a sculpture.

the pix speak for themselves, i think.

enjoy.
-§ deborah higdon-leblond §-

Damsel: "I'm in distress? What distress?"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.clikits, lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 27 Jun 2006 20:19:49 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello all,

I’ve build a vignette which I’m able to wear as a badge during events. It combines two of the three themes that kind of signify me within the LEGO community: trains and the Clikits trademark girls.

Attached at the back is a black LEGO refrigirator-magnet brick. With the aid of 3 non-LEGO super-strong mini magnets, I can wear the contraption without doing harm to the fabric of my shirt.

Here you see one of the mini magnets clinging to the LEGO refrigirator magnet-brick, and the other two lay in front. In fact, these magnets are so strong that I could not move them any closer to the model. If I did, they would simply fly up and slam agains the LEGO refrigirator-magnet brick.

Because of the large track part, it would classify as a “double vig” according to the Size Chart for Vignettes. I’ve chosen to use this part instead of simulating a (smaller) piece of track, because of it’s strongness and instant recogniseablility.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

[FUT build.vignette]

Re: The fabulous Clikits girls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.clikits, lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 22:07:26 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Yet another nice update!

By now, you may have noticed that Clikits trademark/icon figures Daisy, Heart and Star are restyled each year, recieving new clothes to wear, a different hairdo, accessories and so on. This time I’ve added images of the girls in their “standard”-outfit for year 2005, in this fashion each of them also appeared as a sculptured key ring figurine in the “Jewels-n-More”-sets 7533, 7534 and 7535

This year also the girls had a makeover, these are their “standard”-outfits for year 2006:

Finally, I kindly thank the Lugnet member that took the effort to highlight my previous update message.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

FUT lugnet.clikits

Re: Save 9 Volt Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.clikits
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 19:38:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:
   Having looked upon the issue from her own prespective, Clikits-girl Heart decided to let her heart speak, and made her contribution to support the “Save 9V trains”-campaign:

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen

[XP to lugnet.clikits]

Manfred,

When I went to the moderation queue and saw this I laughed out loud.

Very funny! I like it.

-Eric

Re: Save 9 Volt Trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.clikits
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 18:58:33 GMT

Having looked upon the issue from her own prespective, Clikits-girl Heart decided to let her heart speak, and made her contribution to support the “Save 9V trains”-campaign:

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen

[XP to lugnet.clikits]

Re: The fabulous Clikits girls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.clikits, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 2006 21:05:58 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

It’s update time!

I’ve processed 3 new images featuring the Clickits trademark/icon figures, showing Daisy, Heart or Star in sparkling dance-party outfits, as they appear (as some sort of reward, I guess) after you guided each respective character through the mall-maze game.

After moderation, the rest of my “Clickits girls” image collection may be viewed here: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=68995

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

FUT lugnet.clikits

Subject:
Lego to expand Clickits Line
Newsgroups:
lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.clikits
Date:
Thu, 23 Jun 2005 16:09:27 GMT

From the article:

{Clikits is launching a selection of toys and accessories to coincide with
International Friendship Day on August 7. Marketing for the  products will be
centred on young girls' friendships.}

{Clikits...has been a rare recent success for the Danish firm}

Read the full article here:

<http://www.brandrepublic.com/bulletins/design/article/481194/lego-expands-clikits-core-brand-focus/>

Subject:
some Clikits sets discounted at lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.clikits, lugnet.market.shopping
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2005 17:18:35 GMT

Not meaning to be an ad or anything but, I think it's worth mentioning that
eight Clikits sets are big-time marked down at lego.com. One has the "X"
element, which is a personal fav of mine, and the green leaves which are hard to
come by. That's set 10117 (half price, $2.50)

Re: Why is it pushed back? Was:Burlington is being shipped (in Europe, that is)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.clikits
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 10:22:59 GMT

We already had several copies of the real BNSF set present on LEGOWORLD 2004. One is shown here:

picture by AndreasTretbar.

The Clikits fragment seen in the back of the picture isn’t a poster or banner, but a realy nice bedcover + pillow case set, newly available through Shop at Home:

http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=K2226&cn=197&d=23&t=5
http://shop.lego.com/product.asp?p=K2227&cn=197&d=23&t=5
(difference is in the size of the pillow case)

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Re: New Zoom Feature from LEGO Shop at Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego, lugnet.clikits
Date:
Fri, 8 Oct 2004 20:56:33 GMT

In lugnet.lego, Jarid Lukin wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   [snip]
* Will it be possible to download the full-size full image? (I’m just getting greedy here)
[snip]
2) For bandwidth reasons, it’s not possible to make the entire image available for download

If you realy want those images, and are prepared to put some effort into it, you could grab the individual ‘tiles’, and ‘seem’ these together with MS-paint or a more sophisticated bitmap editing program.

I did something similar grabbing pictures of the Clikits trademark girls in their new 2004 outfits from http://www.clikits.com/creative/cnp.asp Because the most zoomed out pictures where too large to fit on any of the stationary templates, I had to capture them in parts, and like a magician after sawing them in half, had to reassemble the poor girls.

Just in case you think: “What is he talking about”, the results are here: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/moom/Clikits/2004_daisy_standing.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/moom/Clikits/2004_heart_standing.gif
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/moom/Clikits/2004_star_standing.gif

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Subject:
What a difference a year makes...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.clikits
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 2004 20:12:33 GMT

I’ve made a time comparison picture for one of the Clikits trademark girls, Heart. Left is her original version drawn in 2003, right as she emerged 2004 in a new outfit. It’s funny too see that the figurine has kept exactly the same relaxed and dreamy pose, but otherwise there has been a distinct makeover. She seems to have shed some of that carefree innocence:

Amazing how fast these girls grow up :-)

Could it be that the real users of Clikits turned out to be a older agegroup than TLC originally targeded? Maybe they’ve decided to age the trademark images accordingly. The other two figures, Daisy and Star, have shown some evolution also, but Heart is the most evident example.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Re: Clikits showroom in LEGO headquarters office - Billund
Newsgroups:
lugnet.clikits, lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.build
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 23:10:49 GMT

In lugnet.clikits, Manfred Moolhuysen wrote:
I've found a page with design scetches of a showroom for communicating the
Clikits concept to marketing people, and also two pictures of the realised room.
The page is from a portfolio website of the designer, named Miriam Stox. I would
like to have a set of those large cut-out Clikits girl figures.

http://www.coroflot.com/public/portfolio_file.asp?t=&order_no=3&user_id=30615

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Hey, great sleuthing, Manfred. The one just before that in her portfolio is
related to Designer/Creator sets so I've copied .build. I set the FUT to
.mediawatch because maybe she's going to be an up and coming influence on
industrial design? Some of her other work is spiffy too.

Subject:
Clikits showroom in LEGO headquarters office - Billund
Newsgroups:
lugnet.clikits
Date:
Sun, 18 Jul 2004 20:28:43 GMT

I've found a page with design scetches of a showroom for communicating the
Clikits concept to marketing people, and also two pictures of the realised room.
The page is from a portfolio website of the designer, named Miriam Stox. I would
like to have a set of those large cut-out Clikits girl figures.

http://www.coroflot.com/public/portfolio_file.asp?t=&order_no=3&user_id=30615

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Subject:
New 2004 outfit for the fabulous Clikits girls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.clikits, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 13 Jun 2004 20:02:47 GMT

And here they are, with new hairstyles and new clothes:

Is it just me, or have they grown up a bit in the past year? :-) See their 2003 drawing for comparison.

The images have been captured and processed from a recently added e-cards feature in the ‘Clikits’-section of http://www.lego.com

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

Re: Lego Playmobil-like figures at McDonalds
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.clikits
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 03:19:17 GMT

In lugnet.general, Andy Evans wrote:
Has anyone seen these new sports figures at McDonalds?

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/news/current/conpr_03012004.html

What are they thinking??  Man, this company has totally lost focus.

Better pictures here:

http://www.millionaireplayboy.com/toys/mclego.php

Regards,

Andy Evans

What?
FREE Exclusive Clikits?!?! with food!?
Wooo! I am SO there.
:-D

-Suz

Subject:
The fabulous Clikits girls
Newsgroups:
lugnet.clikits, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 22:36:39 GMT

Hello all,

Here is a pair of images I’ve trimmed or composed featuring the three Clickits trademark/icon figures:

Just like most of their target audence the’re desparatly trying to look more grown-up than they realy are :-)

I actualy do like the drawings of these girls. They remind me very much of a graphic style that was popular in the days when I was a small kid (late 60’s). I recall one of the walls of my boys room had stickers of skinny (like Twiggy) and disproportionally elongated images of teenagers. They were holding instruments and where posed as if they where playing in Rock&Roll band. These teenage figures were drawn in almoste the same style as the Clikits girls, and were colored just as brightly.

To annoy my fellow workers, I’ve put both pictures on my computer as background images (I have a dual monitor setup). I’ve kept the images limited in size, with a white background, so you can use them centered against any background color.

The standing group is cliped from a wallpaper found here: http://www.clikits.com/clikitsgirl/freestuff.asp (the lower left one) I wanted to loose the product samples included on this wallpaper, so I trimmed the image and cleaned up the remaining beads.

The slumber group is composed with extracts of three differend additional set images found on http://shop.lego.com/ I’ve used the ones from sets #7507, #7508 and #7509.

With friendly greetings, M. Moolhuysen.

FUT lugnet.clikits

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact