 Clikits / 34
Re: No more Clikits?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.clikits, lugnet.lego
Date:
Mon, 21 Aug 2006 21:50:36 GMT

In lugnet.clikits, Thomas Garrison wrote:
On Sun, 20 Aug 2006, Suz wrote:

I noticed that Clikits sets have completely disappeared from the shop.lego.com
website* (U.S. view) and from my local LEGO Retail store. Then I checked a paper
catalog and saw they're not there either. Is this the end?

My understanding is that TRU refuses to carry Clikits anymore, and with
TLG's major US distribution channel gone there will be no more Clikits in
the US.

The UK, on the other hand, has been getting exclusive sets for years, so
Clikits may be continuing there. . .

I've read in the Annual Report from TLC (http://www.lego.com/info/pdf/annualreport2005UK.pdf   -   page 8 of the document, page 10 in the pdf reader) :

"...the Group will not launch any new Clikits products after 2006".

This may explain why they have disappeared from US lego shop.

Didier