Re: [CW] The Lapidarium
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 5 Apr 2000 22:41:16 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Shiri Dori writes:
----8< snip snip
The magicians became later known as the Big Five.

(I hope you don't mind, I just reevaluated my Big5 history (all in my mind
till now) and saw how much the gems fit in... so this is a renedition.
Whaddaya think?)

I think it sounds like a fine springboard for a series of stories.  One of the
apprentices could find his master's tomb (which they all thought was
impenetrable) has been disturbed and the 6th gem has been stolen.  Extrapolate
from there into a big mystery, the apprentices all accusing each other of the
deed, and so on.

There is only one other thing, the idea reminds me of the chain of sporting
good stores that we have here on the west coast named Big 5.  I guess it keeps
making me want to think that one of the apprentices is an expert in camping,
one in bicycling, one in tennis, etc...

(grin, duck, run, jump, parry, thrust, =])

Tony