Re: Fire Elemental
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 08:12:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Franklin W. Cain writes:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/critters/fire_elemental.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/critters/fire_elemental_pov.jpg

Later on, I hope to figure out how to *animate*
the ray-tracing (having it rotate in place).
If I succeed, I'll post that also.  ;-)

Ooooh! Nice job!
I can't quite make out in the picture, is that a m-f head on top of that, or
another 1x1 trans brick? I think it would be nice to put the clear head (as in
the FK m-f pack) on top of that... or is that just me? Personally, I see the
elementals as part-human (er, minifig) so having m-f body parts seems
reasonable... like the water elemental I posted today.

On another note, Franklin: you've posted a whole lot of CW MOCs in the past
several weeks. If you could, send them to me at <castle_world@hotmail.com> and
I'll add them to the temporary CW site. Sounds OK?
(I'm working on adding two new members right now... my HTML coding is rusty,
haven't done a thing for over two years. :-)

Good night!
-Shiri

Well, adding a Trans Orange MF head wouldn't be too difficult. the proper color
head comes in 2 varieties in the UFO kits. Currently, the easiest way to pick up
such a head is to deal with someone who snatched up the Shell promotion UFO
Zipper http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=2543 The other head is only
available in the larger craft.

Ask LA-based people about this quickly, though. The promotion is at it's end and
many of the sets are beoming tough to find, this set included. Don't know who's
LA-based? Check http://www.lugnet.com/org/us/lugola/ or http://www.lugnet.com/
loc/us/ca/la/

-Dave
http://surf.to/mtron
Lt. Cmdr. of the M-tron Commandos (and admirer of all elementals everywhere)