Subject:
Fire Elemental
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw, lugnet.castle, lugnet.org.us.dixielug
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2000 16:03:16 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Some time ago, I made a fire elemental
using several trans-orange dragon wings.
Now that someone made a DAT file for the dragon wing,
I've been able to encode my fire elemental
into L-CAD.  I've created an image,
using my DAT file and MLCAD.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/critters/fire_elemental.jpg

Also, I used L3P to ray-trace this model
(I had to jury-rig a "#define" for the trans-orange color;
I think it worked rather well).

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/fwcain/critters/fire_elemental_pov.jpg

Later on, I hope to figure out how to *animate*
the ray-tracing (having it rotate in place).
If I succeed, I'll post that also.  ;-)

As usual, please LMKWYT.

Thanks,
Franklin

Franklin W. Cain | fwcain@yahoo.com
                 | http://members.tripod.com/fcain
                 | http://members.tripod.com/fcain/lego/want_list.html
USE OF MY EMAIL ADDRESS FOR UNSOLICITED COMMERCIAL PURPOSES
IS _STRICTLY_ PROHIBITED. . . .  MAKE MY (LAWYER'S) DAY, PUNK!

Re: Fire Elemental