 Castle / Ninja / 54
  Re: pirate + ninja

(...) Was the train in the water? Can you recommend any good books about submarines the Pacific theater? I've read the Pacific volumes of Samuel Eliot Morison's History of US Naval Operations, but I don't remember there being too much in there about (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: pirate + ninja

(...) "Blind Man's Bluff" is a great book about the history of submarine warfare. (...) Japanese pirates during the period that the Ninja sets apply often picked up Koreans from ports they raided as part of the crew. Chris (23 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: pirate + ninja

(...) The most entertaining book I read about US subs in the Pacific was the venerable 'Pig Boats,' a popular-issue book that was as of 1992 still available in paperback. As for academic books, Morison like most was still enamoured with the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.castle.ninja, lugnet.pirates)

  Re: pirate + ninja

(...) Thanks. (...) too (...) Wow, even I don't read anything that boring. Actually, at the moment I'm re-reading a great book, A Naval History of WWI. Before reading it, all I knew about WWI naval history was Jutland, but this guy (Paul Halpern) (...) (23 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.people)

  Re: pirate + ninja

Mr L F Braun wrote: <SNIP> (...) Since the first guns arrived on the island of Tanegashima, guns were known as tanegashima for a while, but were later called teppo. Chris (23 years ago, 3-Mar-01, to lugnet.people)