 Castle / 5161
Re: Introduction
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 20:01:33 GMT

Hi Daan!!

Nice to meet you, first of all! I'll do my best to answer your questions.

In lugnet.castle, Daan Bargerbos writes:
I'm not that long into LEGO, but see myself as an AFOL now (it's only since
last week that I understood the acronym ;-), I am still finding out what BURP
means - something like a bad habit?).

BURP = Big Ugly Rock Piece.

You can also check out my Acronym FAQ if you need any other acro's...:
http://www.lugnet.com/~88/acronym_faq/

<snip>
I know that I can't go on with two different subjects (space AND castle).

Welllll.... sure you can, but many people prefer to focus on one theme (due to
cash or time issues).

But
I'm doing fine till know finding all sort of sets for sale prices! I just
finished (with a little help of my daughter of 6 and son of 4,5 years old the
6097 Knight Lord's Castle which i found for 'only' $43,16 (= NLG 99,95)! And i
like it very much!

Yeah, 6097 is not a bad set, especially for pieces. And $40 is an OK price for
it, although when I got them for $25 that was nice...

I tend to go to castle (I like the imaginative side of it, floating around all
the stories and so (is there a line in dveloping this stories, or do they come
randomly? - what for example is Castle World and CWSOTW??),

Ahhh....

Castle World is a place for castle fans to share their creations in one place.
It's like one big world for all the creations by AFOLs (but only those who're
interested in participating, of course).
You can submit structures, characters, creatures and stories to share with
other people.

Read more here...
http://www.geocities.com/castle_world_temp/about.html

CWSOTW is something we're still working on. It stands for Castle World Story
Of The Week.

but space is also
VERY nice (with all the imagination tiggling spacecrafts floating around).

Heh, well, the guys on BrickLUG have been fighting for the past I-don't-know-
how-long about which is better. I vote for castle. <bias> ;-)

Since I'm living in Holland, I like to hear from fellow Dutch(wo)men some
opinions on this and how an AFOL can live heartfully his/her hobby here in
Holland.

Well, you might want to check out lugnet.loc.nl for that.

Build well and see you!

See ya!
-Shiri
http://www.geocities.com/shiri_lego/