 Castle / 3828
3827  |  3829
Subject:
Forestmen, Wolfpack, Bull-men, and the Undead
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 00:55:42 GMT

That other thread seemed to be getting too long, so I thought I'd add my
thoughts here.

In my world, here's how it goes.

The Forestmen are Robin Hood types.  They have their own secret forest
hideouts and little castles.  They live off the forest, but frequently rob
the nobles and tax-collectors for their ill-gotten gains.  They are good,
but can be friend or enemy to the King, depending on the politics of the
day.  Some say they have Elven blood in their veins, which enhances their
stealth, eyesight, and physical acumen (i.e. they are expert fighters and
archers).  They regard the Stag as a magical beast, and have made it their
coat of arms.

Wolfmen are bandits and thieves.  Many belong to a secret Thieves' Guild.
They have hideouts in various towns, and they keep their loot in secret
caves.  They know better than to rob Forestmen, though.  The deadliness and
cunning of the Wolf has made this animal a symbol of pride to them.

The Bull-men are a rough Norse-type culture, living to the north.  They are
less centralized than the Kingdom, and each village typically has its own
chief.  Sometimes they get into trouble for pirating trade routes.  But they
are formidable warriors and can aid the Kingdom in times of trouble.  Their
mainstay is cattle farming, and they see the Bull as a symbol of strength
and virility; hence they have adopted its likeness on their shields, and
wear bull horns upon their helmets.

The undead consist mainly of Ghosts and Skeletons (zombies).  Ghosts are
often the result of a curse or placed upon someone near death.  They wander
the darker corners of the Kingdom, seeking rest or revenge.  Skeletons are
the dead, re-animated by the powerful magic of an evil mage or similar
person, and usually under their control.

--

Paul Davidson, aka Tinman
www.theforce.net |  Your Daily Dose of Star Wars