 Castle / 3254
Re: [CW sort of] BIG new update to my web page!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 21:27:30 GMT

I made few changes to the minifigs, not for lack of creativity, but for a • sense
of cohesiveness.  I can understand how one might see the likes of the Black
Falcons and the Crusaders as boring, but I think it is different when you grew
up playing with them.

I did gorw up lpaying with them, i may be 15, but i still had these minifigs.

The Knight's Procession was my first Castle Lego set
(wish I still had it... now all I have is a torso).  Personally, I prefer a
classic smiley-head over an ornately expressive face any day (That's why my
main character has a smiley-head).
I disagree with you on this, printed faces make the world more alive, instead
of everyone being the same. But my problme is finding good printed heads that i
haven't already used :(
But, opinions vary on the subject.  Also,
many of the minifigs are soldiers in one army or another.  There usually isn't
much variety between soldiers all wearing the same uniform.

As for the afore-mentioned cohesiveness, I strove to keep my storyline
compatible with not only my own wargame system, but also Lego's Castle set
releases, starting way back in '78 when the 375 Castle was released in Europe.
Mind you, this isn't an easy task.  I still need to bring in the Black
Knights, Fright Knights, Dragon Masters, and the Wolfpack.

We each have our own style of modeling, and I guess that's the point of Castle
World. =]

Tony

I agree that CW is a great way to show your creativity, and if you took any of
my comments personnely, i didn't mean them in that way. I was just giving my
opinion, which is what you asked for :) You can never listen to too much praise
or criticism.

<<KM>>