 Castle / 3249
Re: [CW sort of] BIG new update to my web page!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 18:34:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Leah Cardaci writes:
Very good! The teaser for the Amber Castle is great. Very interesting
characters. Nice job on the backstory. I enjoyed the way you have mixed • certain
parts of "real" Castle Lego history with your own story.

      -L

Thank you!  The Amber Castle is under construction for a good reason... I ran
out of yellow bricks!  I don't actually have the 6075 Yellow Castle.
Therefore, in the story and in real life, this is a reconstruction (and not an
exact one).

The same is true for the Black Falcon's Fortress (6074).  I made a
reconstruction of that, but then I added ladders and wider walkways so my
soldiers could actually get from point to point.

When I made my story, I really tried to be compatible with Lego's sort of
"unwritten" castle history.  I tried to answer a lot of questions:

Why do some Knight's Kingdom sets (such as 6095 Royal Joust
http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6095-1 ) come with a stained glass
window of a knight with a tri-color herald, last seen in 6083 Knight's
Tournament http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=6083-1 ?

Why is there only one black sword in all of Lego Castle and why is it in 6041
Armor Shop http://www.lugnet.com/pause/search/?query=armor+shop ?

Why did all those cool "Castle Town" sets (6041 Armor Shop, 6067 Guarded Inn,
6040 Blacksmith Shop) stop being made after about 1986?  After that, the only
peasants we ever saw were farmers (6103 Castle minifigs, 1974 Smuggler's
Hayride) or prisoners (6055 Prisoner Convoy).

What happened to the Forestmen?  They seemed to be a powerful force, then they
became Dark Forest, then they disappeared.

Who were the Crusaders?  What crusade did they undertake?  Why do they have two
different heralds (Lion and Crossed Axes)?

These are just a few of the questions that went through my head when I was
writing the story.  As some of you may have guessed, HawkLord is the merchant
from 6041 Armor shop and King Harrold can be seen with his wife in 6083
Knight's Tournament.

Thanks for all the feedback!

Tony