 Castle / 3250
Re: [CW sort of] BIG new update to my web page!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2000 18:48:27 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Karl Martinson writes:
I'm sorry, but it's the opposite for me. Not even a pair of switched arms to
be found! I guess i never really appreciated the boring Black falcons or the
crusaders. To my mind they're just so plain. I don't have a single minifig of
theirs that i have kept intact. All that remains of them are there torsos (and
smiley heads), the rest of them were parted out to contribute to my real
minifigs :)

<<KM>>

I made few changes to the minifigs, not for lack of creativity, but for a sense
of cohesiveness.  I can understand how one might see the likes of the Black
Falcons and the Crusaders as boring, but I think it is different when you grew
up playing with them.  The Knight's Procession was my first Castle Lego set
(wish I still had it... now all I have is a torso).  Personally, I prefer a
classic smiley-head over an ornately expressive face any day (That's why my
main character has a smiley-head).  But, opinions vary on the subject.  Also,
many of the minifigs are soldiers in one army or another.  There usually isn't
much variety between soldiers all wearing the same uniform.

As for the afore-mentioned cohesiveness, I strove to keep my storyline
compatible with not only my own wargame system, but also Lego's Castle set
releases, starting way back in '78 when the 375 Castle was released in Europe.
Mind you, this isn't an easy task.  I still need to bring in the Black
Knights, Fright Knights, Dragon Masters, and the Wolfpack.

We each have our own style of modeling, and I guess that's the point of Castle
World. =]

Tony