 Castle / 2837
Re: Set 4811 - small poly bag set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2000 07:24:59 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Bill Farkas writes:
In lugnet.castle, Jonathan Little writes:
I just happened across the small poly bag set (4811) for the 2000 castle
series, yesterday and I just have to comment on it. Price and piece counts
aside, this is one of the neatest sets in the new castle lineup. I have all
the 2000 castle sets, except for the largest (most expensive) two and was
rather disappointed with them, overall, but I love this little set. And the
fact that it only costs $2.00 is even better! Granted, as far as pieces go,
there isn't a great assortment, but looking at it strictly as a model it's
great! Anyway . . . just wanted to praise this little set. I guess great
things do come in small poly-bags, afterall . . ..

-Jonathan

Yeah, I've just seen it recently also. It's popped up in all the local TRU's
here in SoFla (South Florida). I come across six TRU's on a regular basis while
I'm working and they all got it just this week...and...(sobbing bitterly)... I
have no money right now!! I was gonna put about 40 of 'em on the CC and then
came to my senses.

How are most people using this fig, as a mounted soldier or as a foot soldier?
Sword, spear or axe? I'm undecided, I think they would look great on horses but
I'm not sure if the helmet is appropriate. Was this helmet for a particular
form of combat/usage or is the rim for looks and not function?

Bill

I just bought one of these at a local toy shop today....they only had 6 of
them on the counter mixed in w/ the adventurers raft and arctic polybag....I
resisted the urge to buy all six....I hadn't bought any of the 200o Castle
stuff til today due to price and lack of interest in these JR. designs...but
I am quite pleased w/ this set...it may be the only oe I buy from the new
assortment....

I have always read/seen similarly attired soldiers employed primarily as
infantry pikemen, archers, and occasionally sentries at gates....