 Castle / 2354
Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 21:57:41 GMT

Jeff, I totally agree. I see Jonathan's point but I think that CW is not a
chronological world like ours. "History" in it is not neccessarily like ours.
(This is sort of like people thinking that no life as we know it is possible
on, say, Jupiter. But they don't realize that there could be different forms
of 'life'!)

I don't think that CW will ever evolve out of its "medieval" (sp) times,
because then it wouldn't be Castle anymore! I don't think we can use mass
armies with guns/cannons/etc, but a couple of 'majickal' items are fine with
me - as long as they're rare, very sparse, and they should have (maybe?) some
story behind them (e.g. Tell about a journey to blacksmith and magician,
etc...).

Also the last point is the most important. Any decisions in a duet/trio/etc.
should be completely uninamous (sp?). This is in reference to any magical,
technological, *and* standard military stuff. If one side doesn't agree, you
just don't do it - end of story. (Of course, you can try to convince the other
side, but if they say no, it's no.)

HTH,
Shiri

In lugnet.castle, Jeff Johnston writes:
Jonathan Wilson wrote:

Pawel Nazarewicz wrote:

The one question that I do have (which should be applied to everything) is
about the gun.  Did we ever have a verdict on guns in general?

I say that guns should only be used where they fit in historicly.

But what is 'historical' for Castle World?  It's not our own world.
Historically, there's no real magic, either....but we use it in CW.

CW, as I understand it, is not tied to a particular time of history but
rather to a 'feel' - and that feel is a fantastic one, not necessarily a
historical one.

I like anachronisms, if they're rare and used in interesting ways. (Those
of you who looked at Dr. Cornelius' "steam powered going and raising unit"
know exactly what I mean.  One of those is fine.  An entire army of them
isn't.)

Also remember that CW is based on mutual consent...so if anyone's in a duet
and they'd rather not use guns at all, that should definitely be binding.

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++
YB73m