 Castle / 2336
Re: [CW] More new pics ... and guns in CW
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2000 11:57:52 GMT

Pawel Nazarewicz wrote:

LMK what you think.

[Pawel, I think Batu should be my signature character instead of Dr. Cornelius.
Batu will be much more likely to be involved in events than the rather
reclusive
mage...]

... sounds good.  Will you "fancy him up" before I put him on the page, or
should I just use this one?  I liked your commentary (first person view is
always fun) as well as your photography).  I see that you used the gungan
creatures well (I wasn't quite sure how I wanted these suckers used)

The one question that I do have (which should be applied to everything) is
about the gun.  Did we ever have a verdict on guns in general?  I know that
historically they were used in the samurai ages, but does that mean that we
will be using them in the Oriental section of CW?  And going along those
lines, in the whole CW (which they would soon be used after they were
brought from the orient).  Guns would then seemingly make bows and arrows
almost obselete, and cannons would make walled-in strategy different.  I
think for now, guns (unless very, very rare and almost magical - like
brought from the future) are a very dangerous precedent ...

        -- pn

http://members.xoom.com/legocastle/new/

I say that guns should only be used where they fit in historicly.

--
Jonathan Wilson
wilsonj@xoommail.com