 Castle / 21250
Condor Re: MINI LEGO Event in San Diego, CA March 3rd to 5th
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.games, lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 15 Feb 2006 19:36:58 GMT

I’m Xposting this, as they mey be some common interest.

It would be great to have MOCs from all SF&F related themes.

I’m currently planning to run LEGO pirate gaming on bothe Saturday and Sunday, , and perhaps Friday evening, even if I only have one other player. But I’d like to get feedback regarding who is interested in Pirate gaming and Brickwars, and when they are most likely to attend. And if anyone has structures that they are willing to bring for these.

   I’ve been asked by a local Science Fiction/gaming convention to organize a LEGO room for the con. Sort of a mini LEGO convention. The Convention is “Condor XIII” http://www.condorcon.org/html/mainmenu.html March 3rd-5th. Just over a month from now.

There’ll be several LEGO themed activities.

An open building contest. A random assortment of LEGO will be on hand, but we can always use more. This is similar to the Jr Master builders contest at LL, but no size limets. Prizes awarded.

Model and MOC displays. Any theme, but SF and Fantasy encouraged. And prizes for the MOCs. Additional SF related models will be on hand for those that want to build.

LEGO Gaming. Brickwars and Pirates throughout the weekend. Materials for bothe games will be provided, but you are welcome to bring items of your own.

LEGO train display. I’ll be running a loop of track around the perimeter of the room, and bringing some train stock. You are welcome to run my trains or bring some of your own.

I understand that Friday may be difficult for some people, but we’ll be going all 3 days, with events schedualed based on feedback from all of you. If there’s a specific event that you are most interested in, let me know what day(s) you can make it to the con. I’d like to have the MOC and building contest judging on Sunday if possible. You do not need to to be present to win. I’m also willing to transport MOCs back to thier owners on Sunday or Monday, if they are in the SD area.

The room will be be open to all of the convention attendees, and it’ll be shared with a SF costume and prop display, but it’s a large room, so it shouldn’t be a problem. Myself or another AFOL will be on hand at all times that the room is unlocked to keep an eye on things. The costume/prop display is mainly Stargate SG1, but will also have other items, includeing a replica R2-D2 and C-3PO.

Feel free to pass this forward.

Mathew Clayson (858)75two-242two