 Castle / 20778
Re: When the King got more money (bigger yellow castle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.build.arch
Date:
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 01:16:02 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Henning Friis Andersen wrote:
Hi everyone

This is actually my first posting as up to now I've mostly been lurking.

Very much inspired by the yellow castle contest on Classic-Castle I decided to
built my own version of the classic yellow castle. For the contest I was however
both too late and somewhat too big I think.

The castle is built in modules / sections so that it can be easily modified /
expanded / reconfigured. The pictures I’ve put up actually show two slightly
different configurations. In addition each tower is built in a way so that they
can be separated (relatively) easily into large sup-parts that will fit into
storage quite easily.

Geometrical perfection... I LOVE IT!

The castle doesn’t have any interior. I’m very impressed with the fantastic
interiors that other people have done for their castle but personally I don’t
have the patience for it. My interest is to build huge castles in the
traditional colors (so I still have left to built a blue, a black and a white
(and in fact a new red) castle).

I look forward to seeing those too.