 Castle / 20774
20773  |  20775
Subject:
When the King got more money (bigger yellow castle)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:23:21 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hi everyone

This is actually my first posting as up to now I've mostly been lurking.

Very much inspired by the yellow castle contest on Classic-Castle I decided to
built my own version of the classic yellow castle. For the contest I was however
both too late and somewhat too big I think.

The castle is built in modules / sections so that it can be easily modified /
expanded / reconfigured. The pictures I’ve put up actually show two slightly
different configurations. In addition each tower is built in a way so that they
can be separated (relatively) easily into large sup-parts that will fit into
storage quite easily.

About a year ago I built a red castle of almost the same size (also on
brickshelf if one goes “up” from the yellow castle) but I later had to take it
completely apart as I don’t have room for structures of that size standing
around. Conversely the yellow castle has also been put into storage but it can
be set up again within a couple of hours even though it doesn’t take up much
more storage than the bricks would have anyway. Adding trees, flowers and
minifigs might take a couple of hours more but that counts more as playing with
the castle.

The drawback to a modular building style is that the towers actually have no
doors. If they had that would limit the flexibility in how they can be put
together. Once a configuration has been chosen this could of course be repaired
with a slight rebuild.

The castle doesn’t have any interior. I’m very impressed with the fantastic
interiors that other people have done for their castle but personally I don’t
have the patience for it. My interest is to build huge castles in the
traditional colors (so I still have left to built a blue, a black and a white
(and in fact a new red) castle).

Best regards, Infyrana