 Castle / 20767
Re: The Hall of Albirona - The full story (Director's Cut)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 10 Mar 2005 14:27:18 GMT

Hello!

In lugnet.castle, Brendan Powell Smith wrote:
Jojo, this structure is so impressive!  Every once in a while I get it in my
head that I'm starting to become a good builder, but then something like this
comes along and I feel humbled.

Oooh, actually you are the last one to have reason to feel humbled! Your skills
of illustrating a story (the Bible, but whom do I tell that) are hardly equaled.

Excellent job capturing the overall look of the building, especially the
shape of columns.  But most impressive to me, of the exterior, is the
gorgeous roof.

Hehe, I happened to have a not too small an amount of those flat roof-tiles, but
I had to order almost the same amount again.

And inside it just gets better.  I love the patterened tile floor.

I'm addicted to tiled floors. They add 'something' to a room even if the room is
empty.

the creation of an onion using the carrot leaf and tan ball piece.

I have to credit Jürgen Lüttgen with this onions. When I showed him preview pics
of the kitchen he came up with this idea. And yes, It's a great one!

The construction of the chest of drawers and canopy bed are superb, and the
bedroom is well-decorated throughout.  The chair designs in the study are
lovely.

Yeah, to carpenter LEGO furniture is a hobby of mine :-)

And those bird cages!  Wow.  Brilliant.

Those bird cages are the product of a sleeples night. I paid for them with a
headache the next day...

This was all a lot of fun to look at.  Congratulations, and best of luck in
the contest!

Thank you very much! I did not particularly build for the contest, though. I
build to show it to everybody, and I'm glad you liked it!

Bye
Jojo