 Announcements / Creations (MOCs) / 2624
  The Hall of Albirona - The full story (Director's Cut)

Hello! This is the Hall of Albirona: (URL) me, I'm a link!>> In real life it's a pre-romanesque Palace Hall that was later on turned into a church. It can be found near Oviedo, Spain. Read my story on MOCpages, it's written for the ISCC4 (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.castle, FTX) !!

  Re: The Hall of Albirona - The full story (Director's Cut)

Hello Jojo, before reading your story, I just want to comment on the pics that I saw earlier today. I immediately searched for an anouncemnt from your side, but didn't find any.... till now! Wonderfll pics, wonderfull building: colour scheme light (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Hall of Albirona - The full story (Director's Cut)

(...) Wow! I loved it! I loved the model, but I love the backstory even more. I also thoroughly enjoyed all the detail work involved and your special "added touches" like the bird cage, the harp and Black Falcon guy. Ben Medinets (19 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Hall of Albirona - The full story (Director's Cut)

Jojo, this structure is so impressive! Every once in a while I get it in my head that I'm starting to become a good builder, but then something like this comes along and I feel humbled. Excellent job capturing the overall look of the building, (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Hall of Albirona - The full story (Director's Cut)

This MOC is truly amazing!! Jojo, your work constantly astounds me. You are constantly raising the bar. The arched ceiling is absolutely fantastic, and is made even more remarkable by the fact that you don't seem to use any specialized elements to (...) (19 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, FTX)

  Re: The Hall of Albirona - The full story (Director's Cut)

(...) I'll second all the compliments. One thing I wanted to add was that I also saw the pictures first. That there was a story about a young woman becoming a wizard and them setting out and finding her own home was quite obvious. Frank (19 years ago, 8-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Hall of Albirona - The full story (Director's Cut)

Hello! (...) Thanks for the praise! I too am pleased with the outcome of the sandy-grey mottling. I pondered to build it completely in sand (since the original is sand-coloured) but I didn't have close to enough parts to do it, and there wouldn't (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Hall of Albirona - The full story (Director's Cut)

Hello! (...) Thanks for the praise! Well, the story... I don't build for the purpose of illustrating stories, but I wrote the story to accompany the pictures. I'm afraid this does affect the quality of the story... Henceforth there shall not be a (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Hall of Albirona - The full story (Director's Cut)

Hello! (...) Oooh, actually you are the last one to have reason to feel humbled! Your skills of illustrating a story (the Bible, but whom do I tell that) are hardly equaled. (...) Hehe, I happened to have a not too small an amount of those flat (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: The Hall of Albirona - The full story (Director's Cut)

Hello! (...) Thanks for the praise! (...) I don't hope so. Maybe I'd not be able to jump over it myself... (...) For the arched ceiling I used the most ordinary and non-specialized bricks imaginable, i.e. 2x4 bricks and 2x2 bricks :-) It's an (...) (19 years ago, 10-Mar-05, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.color)