 Castle / 20017
Re: Announcing the MOCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 16 Jun 2004 04:33:14 GMT

Craig,

In lugnet.castle, Craig Hicks wrote:

   Hi Magnus,

Would you consider relaxing the height limit a bit, to allow for some style variation (say, a cliffside fortification and narrow multi-story or ruined structures), by allowing castles in the competition to be up to 1.5 or 2 times higher than they are long?

Craig

Thanks for showing interest in the competition!

You mean like say building a castle which is 24 by 32 pegs, but twice as high as it is long? So 64 pegs in height, whatever that translates to in brick?

I’m definitely open to the idea, but have asked some of the other BrikFest 2004 coordinators, what they think, and we haven’t quite finished discussing this yet. The decision is ultimatley mine to make, but I’m interested to hear various opinions.

So if anyone here has any opinions for or against I’d be happy to hear from them (ASAP)either by private email or here.

Thanks

Magnus