 Castle / 19959
Re: Announcing the MOCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 02:09:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Alfred Speredelozzi wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Erik Olson wrote:
Yea big, yea high, four walls, minifig scale, not 20th century.
What was too complicated about the rules?

The write-up was extensive (yet interesting to read) so that may be a part of
the problem.  I agree that the rules, thoa, are not overly restrictive.

I agree.

Maybe a summary post of the rules, would be in order?

Here is my attempt at a short summary:

Great summary! Thanks!

1. castle must fit in a 1536 stud area
   (note: this is the area of a 32 x 48 baseplate)
2. surrounding lands must fit in a 2304 stud area
   (note: this is the area of a 48x48 baseplate)
3. castle must not be taller than it is long
4. a castle is defined as "any self-enclosed walled defensive
fortification."
5. you're not limited to era or geography, except nothing older than 19th
century

EXCEPT I think you mean nothing NEWER than 19th century here.

Right.  Quite often, my mouth (and in this case, my fingers) don't actually
repeat what my brain was thinking.

6. minifig scale, meaning minifigs are appropriate with the model

That is all I could get for rules.  The rest was all suggestions and such to
help build the excitement. :)  But I am not an organizer, so maybe they should
comment.

Who, us organizers, guilty of elaborating  as a way of drumming up excitement?
Never. :-)

You know I love exposing secret plots. :)

Larry Pieniazek
Display Coordinator, Brickfest 2004
August 13-15, 2004
See you in Arlington!