 Castle / 19957
Re: Announcing the MOCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 21:33:37 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Alfred Speredelozzi wrote:
In lugnet.castle, Erik Olson wrote:
Yea big, yea high, four walls, minifig scale, not 20th century.
What was too complicated about the rules?

The write-up was extensive (yet interesting to read) so that may be a part of
the problem.  I agree that the rules, thoa, are not overly restrictive.

I agree.

Maybe a summary post of the rules, would be in order?

Here is my attempt at a short summary:

Great summary! Thanks!

1. castle must fit in a 1536 stud area
   (note: this is the area of a 32 x 48 baseplate)
2. surrounding lands must fit in a 2304 stud area
   (note: this is the area of a 48x48 baseplate)
3. castle must not be taller than it is long
4. a castle is defined as "any self-enclosed walled defensive
fortification."
5. you're not limited to era or geography, except nothing older than 19th
century

EXCEPT I think you mean nothing NEWER than 19th century here.

6. minifig scale, meaning minifigs are appropriate with the model

That is all I could get for rules.  The rest was all suggestions and such to
help build the excitement. :)  But I am not an organizer, so maybe they should
comment.

Who, us organizers, guilty of elaborating  as a way of drumming up excitement?
Never. :-)

Larry Pieniazek
Display Coordinator, Brickfest 2004
August 13-15, 2004