 Castle / 19946
Re: Announcing the MOCC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 31 May 2004 23:25:39 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Magnus Lauglo wrote:
My Own Castle Competition.

We are hereby happy to announce the official
castle-building competition for the Castle Room at
BrickFest 2004. The competition is pretty
straightforward, but a lot can be done with it. It is
the hope of the BrickFest 2004 Castle Room
coordinators that this will stimulate all sorts of
creative ideas, and will result in a great number and
variety of contesting MOCs.

Your challenge, should you choose to accept it is very
simple:

To make the best, most impressive and overall most
kickass possible minifig-scale, wait for it...

... CASTLE!

This building challenge came about because we wanted
to stimulate people to build castles without feeling
they had to build one of the biggest MOCs in the room
in order to get noticed.  When building a castle MOC,
one almost always ends up building on a scale far
smaller than what would be realistic.  Inevitably, the
most impressive castle MOCs are often the largest ones
– if only for their sheer size. But the time and
brick needed to put together something really big is
beyond many Castleheads. And even if you do build a
massive castle, actually transporting it to BrickFest
might simply be prohibitive.

A castle competition sounds cool but there are wayyyyyy too many rules for
something that is supposed to fun. Granted I’m not a castle builder but I highly
suggest simplifying the rules a bit if you want people to consider building
something for it.
OnDrew