 Castle / 19899
Re: BF04 Castle room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 25 May 2004 17:57:34 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Jason Spears wrote:
   In lugnet.castle, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   But flags are definately a good idea, especially for people who only bring a few mocs. The main issue I see is properly defining who gets what flag. We could be looking at something like twenty different people, figuring flab situation could take a while and possibly be very complicated.

Well, someone could work up a variety of combinations, make up a chart, and people who were planning to bring buildings could email the coordinator and then could be assigned a color combo for the flags.

Jason Spears | BrickCentral MichLUG

(1) Actually, I’m hoping to bring Ken Koleda’s houses as well, so that would be another 12. Hmm... gotta ask him about that.

To the Castle room organizers:

I am willing to take on the project of distributing and recording designation flags if that’s what you guys decide to do.

I could put up a quick LUGNET page listing the different flag combinations and take requests from CCC contributors, constantly updating the roster. Then during the actual display, a big printed roster could be displayed in the Castle room for easy attribution of MOCs.

Going by Bricklink, the 4x1 flag comes in nine colors (not counting new gray), which makes for 81 two-flag combinations if you allow doubles (blue/blue, red/red), or 72 if you don’t. Math isn’t my thing, so I could be wrong. Allowing three flags makes for, ummm... a lot of combinations.

I think it would be best to limit the choice of flags to at least 2-flag combinations, reserving single-flag designations for late-comers who hadn’t already picked a combination (it would be easier to supply them with just one flag).

Anyway, let me know if this is what you want to do, and I’ll put up a page and start taking requests.

Marc Nelson Jr.