 Castle / 19889
Subject:
BF04 Castle room
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.gaming, lugnet.events.brickfest
Date:
Fri, 21 May 2004 23:11:46 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello all,

I will be helping in organizing the castle room this at BF 04, and I hope to
help make it the most memorable and successful Castle Room so far. I've already
been brainstorming with some other sturdy fellows well known in the AFOL
Castlehead community about what we would like to do, and at this point we have
some very cool ideas, but little is set in stone. Um, or brick for that matter.

I don't want to spill the beans on everything we have planned, because we may
not be able to do everything we are thinking of now, and a bit of "seeing when
you get there" will surely be a good thing. I can say however that a CCC
(Classic cCastle City) display IS of course being planned, and I'm very excited
about how this will pan out. Anybody not familar with this modular castle
building system can check out the website at: www.classic-castle.com

I'm also aware that many people may be building Castle/fantasy/medieval etc
related MOCs independent of the CCC system (including me incidently) and these
will also be welcomed and encouraged. Register for Brickfest and fill out those
MOC cards as soon as you know what sort of things you will be bringing- it helps
us a whole lot with planning space considerations etc - No not THAT kind of
"space" j/k :).

Brickfest is three months away, which seems like a while, but in terms of
actually organizing everything it isn't that much time. What I'd like to know at
this stage is a couple of things:

Who is coming this year, and if so, what sort of MOCs are you hoping/planning on
bringing to the Castle Room? Themes such as ancient history and fantasy will
probably also end up in the castle room, so do let us know!

Whether you are coming this year or not, who has been to BF in the past, and
what did you like about the Castle room, and what would you have liked to see
more or less of?

Can I get a rough head count (not binding of course), as to how many souls might
be interested in taking part in some sort of medieval related wargaming -
probably not Brickwars I might add. If there is significant interest, I'm
thinking about organizing something which can be played at a pretty quick pace,
and which does not demand that players set aside whole hours at a time to
participate. No firm plans yet, but the more interest I get, the firmer my plans
may become.

And more ideas for cool things to do are always welcome of course.

Thats all for now. I'm looking forward to meeting as many of you guys as can
make it.

cheers

Magnus

Re: BF04 Castle room
I don't want to spill the beans on everything we have planned, because we may
not be able to do everything we are thinking of now, and a bit of "seeing when
you get there" will surely be a good thing. I can say however that a CCC
(Classic Castle City) display IS of course being planned, and I'm very excited
[...]

    Something I'd like to see for the C.C.C. layout is a list of which wall
sections people need to bring the most of and the least of.  We can't have
everyone bring straight sections or everyone bring corners.  Once we get people
to commit to building certain wall sections, they can start putting dibs on what
their section will be.  That way we can aviod having a situation where the
entire city's wall is gate after gate after gate...
    Do you know if the Castle room is going to be the same room that it was at
last year's BrickFest?  It seemed a little small last year.  (Of course, that
may have been because of that one super-mega-giant-huge castle.)  If we have
good participation with the C.C.C., we might need a bigger room.

Re: BF04 Castle room
[...]

I will be bringing two large CCC structures (large for me anyway - 50 studs long or so), and several smaller CCC structures like these. I will contribute at least one CCC wall module as well. I probably won’t be doing any gaming.

For the CCC display, I think it would be neat to have a way to identify who made what. You could assign different colors and combinations of flags to contributors to attach to their buildings - Tom’s buildings have blue over yellow flags, Dick is green/white, Harry is black/white/red, etc.

Marc Nelson Jr.

Re: BF04 Castle room