 Castle / 18783
Re: Two Castle village creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 9 Dec 2003 23:27:06 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Joel Jacbosen wrote:
Christmas came a little early for me this year.

I found the HP 4728 Escape from Privet Drive on sale and was able to complete
a cottage I've had partially completed since about August, and found the
digital camera I'd asked my wife to get me for Christmas on sale as well. She
kindly let me have it early (Thanks hon!) so as to use it for Thanksgiving
with family in town. And...well.. it helped with taking these pictures too,
though I'm still adjusting to its features. ;)

The cottage

<<http://brickshelf.com/gallery/jjacobse/Castle/Village/Cottage01/thumb/dscf0179a.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

More information:
<http://mocpages.com/moc.php/2359?r=912257714>

The pottery shop

<<http://brickshelf.com/gallery/jjacobse/Castle/Village/Pottery/thumb/dscf0159a.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

More information:
<http://mocpages.com/moc.php/2358?r=1968864180>

I'd originally wanted to link these two together using 1x2's with Technic
holes and Technic pegs with the intent of building three total structures to
fill one side of a village street(1) but as the cottage took form, the SNOT
tudor stripes prevented the method I planned to use. In the end I like them
better as stand alone structures, though both still have the 1x2's built in
for now.

For my first village creations in years, I'm very pleased with the results.

Joel

(1) Similar to, and inspired by, Kevin Hall's image here:
<http://www.ozbricks.com/andrastavia/18village.html>

Nice MOC's. I like the non-rectangular structure and roof lines.
I'd suggest trying to insert grey 1x1 round bricks around the windows in the
top of the pottery store, to try closing it in.
Keep up the good work.

Tim Strutt