 Castle / 18742
18741  |  18743
Subject:
Two Castle village creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:44:17 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Christmas came a little early for me this year.

I found the HP 4728 Escape from Privet Drive on sale and was able to complete a cottage I’ve had partially completed since about August, and found the digital camera I’d asked my wife to get me for Christmas on sale as well. She kindly let me have it early (Thanks hon!) so as to use it for Thanksgiving with family in town. And...well.. it helped with taking these pictures too, though I’m still adjusting to its features. ;)

The cottage

More information: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/2359?r=912257714

The pottery shop

More information: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/2358?r=1968864180

I’d originally wanted to link these two together using 1x2’s with Technic holes and Technic pegs with the intent of building three total structures to fill one side of a village street(1) but as the cottage took form, the SNOT tudor stripes prevented the method I planned to use. In the end I like them better as stand alone structures, though both still have the 1x2’s built in for now.

For my first village creations in years, I’m very pleased with the results.

Joel

(1) Similar to, and inspired by, Kevin Hall’s image here: http://www.ozbricks.com/andrastavia/18village.html