 Castle / 18743
Re: Two Castle village creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 14:07:07 GMT

"Joel jacobsen" <jacobsen@oar.net> wrote in message
news:HpDI5t.1z2A@lugnet.com...
Christmas came a little early for me this year.

I found the HP 4728 Escape from Privet Drive on sale and was able to • complete a
cottage I've had partially completed since about August, and found the • digital
camera I'd asked my wife to get me for Christmas on sale as well. She • kindly let
me have it early (Thanks hon!) so as to use it for Thanksgiving with • family in
town. And...well.. it helped with taking these pictures too, though I'm • still
adjusting to its features. ;)

The cottage

<<http://brickshelf.com/gallery/jjacobse/Castle/Village/Cottage01/thumb/dscf
0179a.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

More information:
<http://mocpages.com/moc.php/2359?r=912257714>

The pottery shop

<<http://brickshelf.com/gallery/jjacobse/Castle/Village/Pottery/thumb/dscf01
59a.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

More information:
<http://mocpages.com/moc.php/2358?r=1968864180>

I'd originally wanted to link these two together using 1x2's with Technic • holes
and Technic pegs with the intent of building three total structures to • fill one
side of a village street(1) but as the cottage took form, the SNOT tudor • stripes
prevented the method I planned to use. In the end I like them better as • stand
alone structures, though both still have the 1x2's built in for now.

For my first village creations in years, I'm very pleased with the • results.

Joel

(1) Similar to, and inspired by, Kevin Hall's image here:
<http://www.ozbricks.com/andrastavia/18village.html>

Nice one Joel, good to see you building Castle again ;)

I really like the pottery shop. The angle on the door and windows is very
cool. Adds a nice dimension to the moc
The window in the roof is cute too.
ta

--