 Castle / 18742
Subject:
Two Castle village creations
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 2003 13:44:17 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

Christmas came a little early for me this year.

I found the HP 4728 Escape from Privet Drive on sale and was able to complete a cottage I’ve had partially completed since about August, and found the digital camera I’d asked my wife to get me for Christmas on sale as well. She kindly let me have it early (Thanks hon!) so as to use it for Thanksgiving with family in town. And...well.. it helped with taking these pictures too, though I’m still adjusting to its features. ;)

The cottage

More information: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/2359?r=912257714

The pottery shop

More information: http://mocpages.com/moc.php/2358?r=1968864180

I’d originally wanted to link these two together using 1x2’s with Technic holes and Technic pegs with the intent of building three total structures to fill one side of a village street(1) but as the cottage took form, the SNOT tudor stripes prevented the method I planned to use. In the end I like them better as stand alone structures, though both still have the 1x2’s built in for now.

For my first village creations in years, I’m very pleased with the results.

Joel

(1) Similar to, and inspired by, Kevin Hall’s image here: http://www.ozbricks.com/andrastavia/18village.html

Re: Two Castle village creations
Christmas came a little early for me this year.

I found the HP 4728 Escape from Privet Drive on sale and was able to • complete a
cottage I've had partially completed since about August, and found the • digital
camera I'd asked my wife to get me for Christmas on sale as well. She • kindly let
me have it early (Thanks hon!) so as to use it for Thanksgiving with • family in
town. And...well.. it helped with taking these pictures too, though I'm • still
adjusting to its features. ;)

The cottage

<<http://brickshelf.com/gallery/jjacobse/Castle/Village/Cottage01/thumb/dscf
0179a.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

More information:
<http://mocpages.com/moc.php/2359?r=912257714>

The pottery shop

<<http://brickshelf.com/gallery/jjacobse/Castle/Village/Pottery/thumb/dscf01
59a.jpg_thumb.jpg>>

More information:
<http://mocpages.com/moc.php/2358?r=1968864180>

I'd originally wanted to link these two together using 1x2's with Technic • holes
and Technic pegs with the intent of building three total structures to • fill one
side of a village street(1) but as the cottage took form, the SNOT tudor • stripes
prevented the method I planned to use. In the end I like them better as • stand
alone structures, though both still have the 1x2's built in for now.

For my first village creations in years, I'm very pleased with the • results.

Joel

(1) Similar to, and inspired by, Kevin Hall's image here:
<http://www.ozbricks.com/andrastavia/18village.html>

Nice one Joel, good to see you building Castle again ;)

I really like the pottery shop. The angle on the door and windows is very
cool. Adds a nice dimension to the moc
The window in the roof is cute too.
ta

--
James Stacey
------

Re: Two Castle village creations
Both of these houses/shops are nice. I like the pottery shop because of the angled facade. I have wanted to try that for a long time. Details like the bed, the kiln, and the pots are nice.

Ben

Re: Two Castle village creations