 Castle / 18733
    Black Falcon and CrusaderTrebuchets —James Brink
   Hello, I've been working on a couple of trebuchets. My first attempt was for the Black Falcons. It is very mobile and has a hanging counterweight. Here is the folder: (URL) Links Back:(URL) Crusader's Trebuchet is not quite as mobile and features a (...) (20 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle) !

        Re: Black Falcon and CrusaderTrebuchets —Anthony Sava
     (...) DUDE! Those are TOO AWESOME! I am DEFINATELY stealing those designs. Actually, I'm going to steal the Crusader's design with the Falcon's counterweight (I love swinging counterweights, I just think they look cool when firing). I also love your (...) (20 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Black Falcon and Crusader Trebuchets —James Brink
     Thanks for the compliments! (...) I worked for quite awhile to get the falcon version to work. I can get good velocity on the sling by adding larger counterweights, but the projectile either flys out too early or sticks in the pouch. I think with a (...) (20 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Black Falcon and Crusader Trebuchets —James Wilson
     In lugnet.castle, James Brink wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> I'm not much of a "Castle guy," but I love trebuchets. Yours are definitely medieval-looking, although kinda small for scale (but isn't most everything in minifig scale?). Suggestions for (...) (20 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Functional Black Falcon Trebuchet —James Brink
     Hi, I actually got an experimental version to work after my original post. See this post: (URL) I had to change the sling and I used a minifig hand for the release pin :) It had just the right angle. I can throw a good five feet by adding even more (...) (20 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Black Falcon and CrusaderTrebuchets —Leonard Hoffman
     (...) Really, I'm interested to find out. I've been thinking of making a trebuchet (cause they are cool), and your designs are very nice. -Lenny (20 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Re: Black Falcon and Crusader Trebuchets —James Brink
     (...) It fires, but not very well. I messed around with the black falcon version for an hour or two. I got the projectile to release early and then not release at all. I think the key is in the pouch and sling. Minifig hair doesn't really cut it :) (...) (20 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

         Working Black Falcon Trebuchet —James Brink
     Alright, I made some changes to the black falcon trebuchet and got it to fire properly. It currently will throw a 1x2 round brick about 2 ft ahead. I have an 2 second (300k) avi if someone wants to host it. I looked up some info on the sling ((URL) (...) (20 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Black Falcon and CrusaderTrebuchets —Benjamin Ellermann
     Hi James, These are great trebuchets! I really like the counterweights and the sling using minifig hair - very clever. Both trebuchets look like they could be from the middle ages. Great job! Ben (20 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)

        Re: Black Falcon and CrusaderTrebuchets —Joel Jacbosen
   (...) SNIP! (...) SNIP! James I really like both of these - they're incredibly cool. The fact that they're (mostly/fully) functional is just too perfect for words. Of the two, I like the BF Treb the best but then I've always been a BF sympathizer. (...) (20 years ago, 4-Dec-03, to lugnet.castle)